Bosch Cordless 1-Inch Rotary Hammer GBH18V-26D
Bosch Cordless 1-Inch Rotary Hammer Cuts the Cord on Popular Corded Model
Bosch’s introduction of their Core18V battery line opens up more power availability. The next step is cutting the cord on one of their most popular corded rotary hammers – the 11255VSR. The new Bosch cordless 1-inch rotary hammer has a similar profile and you can find it as model GBH18V-26D.
- Drills faster than the Bosch 11255VSR (based on Bosch internal testing)
- Built around the Core18V battery line
- Brushless motor
- 1.9 ft-lbs of impact energy
- 0 – 890 RPM/0 – 4350 BPM
- Compatible with GDE18V-26DN onboard HEPA dust collector
- Kickback control
- $219 bare, $299 and $449 kit options
What to Expect from the New Bosch Cordless 1-Inch Rotary Hammer
The Bosch GBH18V-26D rotary hammer isn’t a 1:1 corded to cordless swap with the 11255VSR and there are some differences in the specifications. The impact energy is down by 0.1 to 1.9 ft-lbs. The no-load speed drops from 1300 RPM to 890 RPM and the blow rate maxes out at 4350 BPM, down from 5800 BPM.
Despite those numbers on paper, Bosch tells us that the brushless motor is drilling 5% faster at 3 inches and 10% faster at 5 inches of depth than the 11255VSR. That’s based on their internal testing on 1/2-inch holes.
In drilling a few test holes, the speed is impressive considering it’s only using a compact 18V battery.
Bosch goes with the more elongated D-handle design. While there may be some preference here, their corded model sells so well that’s it’s a pretty easy call to follow the general design in the cordless version.
Without the battery, the tool weighs 5.8 pounds and 7 pounds with the compact Core18V battery. The 11255VSR is 6.7 pounds, so it’s in the ballpark. Moving up to an 8.0 Ah Core18V battery will have a more noticeable weight gain, though.
The Bosch cordless 1-inch rotary hammer includes kickback control that helps prevent injuries if your bind binds up. It’s a welcome addition, especially when you’re drilling in reinforced concrete.
You get three standard rotary hammer modes: rotation only, hammer only, and hammering with rotation. There’s also a chuck rotation point so you can change the angle of attack with a chisel.
What’s interesting is that Bosch goes with a two-stage dial. You have to push in the top button and give it a little turn to unlock it. From there, it will snap back into the next detent it comes across. That will help prevent you from accidentally popping the dial out of the mode you select.
- Variable speed reversing trigger with equal power in both directions
- 360º side handle with push-button depth rod lock
Cut the Cord and the Hose
The Bosch GDE18V-26DN onboard HEPA dust collector lets you work completely untethered to cords and hoses. It requires its own battery as a power source and the 4.0 Ah Core18V pack gives you an excellent balance of runtime and weight to keep things under control.
When you’re ready to drill, kick on the extractor’s power by hitting the red power button on the lower left side. It’s easy to reach on the fly.
There’s no filter cleaning mechanism, so this isn’t straight up Table 1 compliant. But check Bosch’s silica dust site for Objective Data documents and methods to comply with concrete drilling regulations.
Adding the dust collector with compact battery to your Bosch cordless 1-inch rotary hammer adds another 3.2 pounds. That makes the whole Bosch GBH18V-26D cordless/hoseless package settle in at 10.2 pounds.
View this post on Instagram
Check out how easy it is it to go completely cordless and hopeless with Bosch’s GBH18V-26D 1” rotary hammer – a cordless replacement for their top-selling 11255VSR! Rotary hammer is $219 bare, $299 and $449 kits from @acmetools (link in bio). #newtools #tools #powertools #concrete #construction #rotaryhammer #cordlesstools #boschtools #ptrbos19 @boschtoolsna
- 3.9-inch adjustable drilling depth with an aluminum guide rail
- Holds enough for 20 holes 2 inches deep and 1/2-inch in diameter
- Window lets you see how full the canister is
- 5-LED battery charge indicator
- 5/8-inch and 1-inch dust eyes and a 4-inch extension included
- Integrated side handle (required for D-handle rotary hammer compatibility)
- Also compatible with Bosch’s 11255VSR, BGH2-28L, and RH228VC corded rotary hammers
You have options if you’re ready to cut the cord with this model. Here’s what you can expect:
- Bare tool: $219
- Kit with one 4.0 Ah Core18V battery and charger: $299
- Kit with two 8.0 Ah Core18V batteries and charger: $449
The onboard dust collector is still making its way to retailers and the prices we’re seeing right now are around $215 as a bare tool.
Bosch GBH18V-26D 1-Inch Rotary Hammer Specifications
- Power Source: Bosch 18V batteries (Core18V recommended for the best performance)
- Chuck: SDS-Plus
- Impact Energy: 1.9 ft-lbs
- No Load Speed: 0 – 890 RPM
- No Load BPM: 0 – 4350 BPM
- Concrete Max Bit Size: 1″
- Concrete Thin Wall Core Max Bit Size: 2-5/8″
- Steel Max Bit Size: 1/2″
- Wood Max Bit Size: 1-1/4″
- Length: 17.5″
- Weight: 5.8 lbs