Appleton Baymaster LED High Bay Light From Emerson
Emerson Electric (and nearly everyone that works with high bay lights) realizes that the process of replacing HID and fluorescent high bay lights can be costly and difficult. Most high bay luminaires are heavy and located in hard-to-reach areas. Two or more people are often needed to perform the installations, which leads to increased labor costs, hence, a slower return on LED investment. The solution to all of this comes by way of the Appleton Baymaster High Bay LED retrofit luminaire.
According to Emerson, a patented Quick-Mount pendant system on the Appleton Baymaster provides a faster, safer and more cost-effective solution to retrofitting high bay LEDs to existing light mounts. The process requires one electrician to pre-wire the mounting hood, line the arrows up, and lock the Baymaster into place.
Appleton High Bay LED Retrofit Quality
Appleton Baymaster Reliability
Emerson constructed the Appleton Baymaster from copper-free aluminum. These high bay lights are also protected by an electrostatically-applied baked epoxy-clad finish. This uniform protection keeps the Baymaster resistant to corrosion, in addition to vibration, surges, thermal shock, and moisture. The Baymaster LED retrofit comes rated for 84,000 hours of luminaire life but can exceed 200,000 hours depending on ambient temperatures. It features instant turn-on, and frequent on-off cycling will not subject these lights to premature failure or cold start-up. The luminaire’s enclosed and gasketed design accommodates safe usage in areas that might contain flammable gases. Likewise, dirt, dust, severe weather conditions, and high temperatures won’t affect performance.
The Lower Cost Of the Baymaster
By reducing energy costs around 65%, as well as significantly lowering the maintenance costs of lamp replacements, Emerson believes that a company can break even on its lighting solutions quickly by retrofitting traditional HID high bays with their Baymaster LED luminaires. Emerson’s Appleton Baymaster LED luminaires deliver far greater lighting efficiency when compared to traditional lighting sources, including fluorescents.
The Emerson Appleton Baymaster LED comes with a standard 5-year warranty, which can be extended to 10 years when the luminaire is equipped with secondary optics and 10kVsurge protection. Emerson also makes a wide range of accessories for this lighting system, including a safety cable, guard, Y mount cable assembly, and drain assembly.
With its wide temperature range, durable construction, and simple installation process, the Appleton Baymaster High Bay LED luminaires make a great solution when it comes time to retrofit your shop or warehouse lights. Plus, the optional 10-Year warranty grants some peace of mind.
The Quick Mount system that Emerson has come up with here is another big positive, but to be honest, there aren’t a whole lot of things about the new system to turn your nose up at. The large output range, additional color options, and secondary optics make the system customizable to your particular needs. Because of the variety of beam spreads, hard-to-light areas like aisleways become easier to manage.
Emerson designed the Appleton Baymaster to withstand environmental hazards, like dust, high temperatures, corrosion, and flammable gases. Because of this, as well as all the reduced costs of LED lighting and installation, Emerson’s Appleton Baymaster High Bay LED lights look like a cost-effective and reliable lighting solution – if you have the financial resources to cover the upfront cost. Most businesses that operate high bays, like power plants, chemical plants, refineries, foundries, and wastewater treatment centers, will find a drop in power consumption by moving to LED power while their quality of light improves.
Emerson Appleton Baymaster Features
- Quick Mount Pendant System
- Secondary Optics
- Rugged and Durable Housing
- Ideal for Harsh Industrial and Hazardous Conditions
- Large Lumen Output Range (24,000, 30,000, and 38,000) and Color Options (5,000 cool white and 3,000 CCT warm white)
- Replaceable Components
- Options and Upgrades
- 5-Year Warranty, Extended to 10-Year with Secondary Optics and 10kV Surge Protection
- Wide Ambient Temperature Range (-40°C to 65°C, or -40°F to 149°F)
- Choice of Input Voltages: 120-277 Vac 50/60 Hz, 170-300 Vdc or 347-480 Vac 50/60 Hz
- Two 3/4″ NPT Entries Provided
Emerson Appleton Baymaster Specs
- NEC/CEC Certifications and Compliances: Marine outside type (saltwater) for the USA Only; Wet locations; Type 3R, 4, 4X; IP66/67
- Standard Materials: Copper-free (4/10 of 1% max.) aluminum housing, lens door, quick mount hood, and body. Silicone rubber gaskets and stainless steel exterior hardware, guard and safety cable. Aluminum close up plugs
- Standard Finishes: Housing, lens cover, quick mount body and hood have electrostatically applied baked gray epoxy powder coat finish
- Options: Safety cable, guard, 10kV surge protection, Y mount cable assembly, and drain assembly are available.