Milwaukee M18 Fuel Angler Battery-Powered Fish Tape Puller
Milwaukee recently announced the M18 Fuel Angler, a battery-powered fish tape puller that does all of the hard work for you. With its Auto-Run powered feed and retract feature, the Angler can replace all of your manual pulling tools, allowing you to feed and reel without having to expend any more energy than it takes to pull a trigger.
In addition to being the world’s first battery-powered fish tape puller, it’s also a Pro Tool Innovation Award Winner for 2019.
- Power to pull 200′ through 360° bends
- Auto-Run Powered Feed and Retract system
- Anti-Binding Drum design
- Brushless motor
- Compatible with 4 interchangeable steel and non-conductive drums
- Kits run $529.99 – $549.99
What Does Milwaukee Have To Say About It?
“When it comes to pulling new wire through walls and electrical conduit, electricians have long depended upon hand tool fish tapes as the first step in the installation process. Unfortunately, the longer the run the more difficult it is to maneuver current hand tool fish tapes due to inefficient binding and feeding. By harnessing the cordless technology behind our M18 Fuel System we’re now able to deliver the world’s first battery-powered fish tape – providing physical relief, less mess, and more productivity to electricians everywhere.”
-Troy Marks, Senior Product Manager for Milwaukee Tool
Features & Performance
The Milwaukee Angler, which combines the ideas of a hand tool and a fish tape puller, features a PowerState brushless motor that gives this puller the power to pull 200′ of wire through 360° worth of conduit bends.
One of the unique features that make the Milwaukee Angler so unique is what Milwaukee calls Auto-Run Powered Feed and Retract. Together with the variable speed trigger, it gives you the control to push wire through those tough runs without having to manually reel out like you would with hand tool fish tapes.
What’s more, the Milwaukee Angler also features an anti-binding drum design, so you’re not having to repeatedly feed, retract, feed, retract, ad nauseam.
To make sure that you’re prepped and ready for a variety of siutation that present themselves, Milwaukee also has 4 anti-binding drums on deck. These come in a couple of different flavors and lengths. You can pick up 120′ or 240′ steel fish tape (1/8″), or 100′ or 200′ polyester fish tape.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $227.99
- Southwire Tools & Equipment FTSP45-125FML SIMPULL Fish Tape 4.5mm 125-Feet Flexible Metal Leader, Large CasePrice: $76.85Was: $106.80
- Price: $24.75Was: $26.00
Look for the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Angler to hit stores in November and we’ve seen them available for pre-order at Acme Tools.
Two kits are available. One comes with 120′ steel tape drum, two M18 2.0Ah batteries, and a charger, while the other comes with 240′ steel tape drum, batteries, and a charger. Purchasing the Angler as a bare tool is an option as well.
The drums can also be purchased separately, with prices ranging from around $115 to $185 (we’re still waiting on the 120′ steel price that should be the lowest of the group). Here’s a list of the current lineup:
- 2873A-22 (120′): $529.99
- 2873B-22 (240′): $549.99
- 2873-20 (bare tool): $369.99
- 48-44-5176 Steel Pulling Fish Tape Drum 120′ x 1/8″: TBA
- 48-44-5178 Steel Pulling Fish Tape Drum 240′ x 1/8″: $115.99
- 48-44-5195 Non-Conductive Polyester Pulling Fish Tape Drum 100′: $115.99
- 48-44-5197 Non-Conductive Polyester Pulling Fish Tape Drum 200′: $185.99
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Angler Specs
- Model Number: 2873A-22 or 2873B-22
- Pulling force: 250 lbs.
- Variable Speed Trigger: Yes
- Interchangeable Drum: Yes
- Drum Type: Steel
- Tool Length (w/ CP2.0 Battery): 19.4”
- Weight (w/ battery): 16.7 lbs
- Warranty: 5 Years