Bad Boy Maverick Zero Turn Mower
Anybody who names their mowers “Bad Boy” is alright with us. The Bad Boy Maverick zero turn mower aims to own the name with some pretty cool features that combine elements of performance and comfort. In terms of what makes this a “Bad Boy” mower, one of the standout features is no stamped steel anywhere on it. The frame is made from welded 2″ x 2″ 11-gauge steel. The Maverick series of ZT mowers also feature a patented EZ-Ride system which offers front and rear compression vibration reduction. Unlike most zero turns we’ve used, the front arms of the Bad Boy Maverick are split. Each comes off a hinge so it moves independently from the other. Each rear drivetrain is also split and supported separately by twin compression shocks. Together, these features serve to dramatically reduce felt vibration to the operator, and the deck of each Bad Boy mower is free to glide evenly over rugged, uneven terrain.
Aside from the front and rear suspension features, the Bad Boy Maverick Series zero turn mowers offer a SteerTek precision drive. This drive system offers fully adjustable steering levers that let you find the right fit and position for comfortable control of the zero turn mower. Bad Boy also designed the Maverick mowers with a new comfort seat. It has more padding so you don’t feel as much of the terrain.
In addition, the plastic covers over the Bad Boy Maverick fuel tanks give you access to all necessary controls—while giving you space to store your keys, phone, and a drink. The Maverick series is available in two models with different engine configurations—both with 48″, 54″, 60″ deck widths. One model has a 726cc Kawasaki FS730 engine. The other model is available with the 747cc Kohler Confidant engine.
Bad Boy Maverick Zero Turn Mower Key Features
- Rear Responsiveness, each drivetrain is supported individually by twin compression shocks
- Forward Progress, front arms are individually hinged for optimum independent movement across any terrain
- SteerTek Precision Drive, fully adjustable handles on steering levers to find exactly the right fit and position for comfortable control
- Comfort seat with more padding
- New tanks are quick to handle all the controls and lots of storage—including room for your favorite beverage
Bad Boy Maverick Series Zero Turn Mowers Specs
- Cutting width: 4800 – 48 in.; 5400 – 54 in.; 6000 – 60 in.
- Cutting height: 1.5 – 4 in. with deck height control system
- Blades: 4800 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 16 1/2 in., high lift, heat treated
- Blades: 5400 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 18 3/4 in., high lift, heat treated
- Blades: 6000 – 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 20 1/2 in., high lift, heat treated
- Instant lift electric actuator
- Single V-belt spring tension
- Anti-scalp rollers: 4800 – 4 total (2 front, 2 rear)
- Anti-scalp rollers: 5400 – 4 total (2 front, 2 rear)
- Anti-scalp rollers: 6000 – 6 total (4 front, 2 rear)
- Deck flotation: Floats on 2 chains & 2 front leveling arms
- Deck thickness: 3/16 in. steel
- Transmission: Hydro-Gear 3200 dual integrated hydrostatic transaxle
- Integrated Axial piston pump & motor w/gear reduction
- Wheel Drive: Integrated with commercial grade gear reduction
- Hydraulic filter: 25 micron, replaceable spin-on type, 1 per pump
- Pumps: (2) 10cc pump and motor integrated
- Hydraulic coolers: (2) 7 in. RPM cooling fan
- Weight: 4800 – 862 lbs.; 5400 – 871 lbs.; 6000 – 925 lbs.
- Height: 49 in.
- Overall width: 4800 – 49 1/2 in.; 5400 – 55 1/2 in.; 6000 – 61 1/2 in.
- Length: 75 in.
- Tire to tire width: 46 1/2 in.
- Tires (front): 13 x 6.5 in. smooth tread
- Tires (rear): 23 x 10.5-12 in. turf tread
- Steering: Dual lever, independent control
- Ground speed (forward): Up to 9 mph
- Internal parking brake
- Warranty: 2-year or 400 hours on drive, spindle and clutch systems
- Price: $5,899
To learn for more about Bad Boy Maverick Series zero turn mowers, visit their site.