Dual Modes Work Rough Timber to Finishing
The Triton TGEOS Geared Eccentric Orbital Sander gives you a lot of versatility with your sanding projects. It features a 500W motor and two modes to power through both heavy material removal down to fine finish sanding.
What’s the Big Deal?
The 500W motor should stack up well to similar 4-amp orbital sanders. Those do a great job handling a variety of sanding tasks. However, it’s the dual modes on this sander that probably set it apart the most.
The Triton TGEOS Sander features what the brand calls “Beast Mode”. This is a geared rotation mode that you’ll use for working on very rough surfaces. It should remove the most material quickly. Because of the forced rotation, the backing pad will constantly move on an eccentric orbit while rotating around its axis.
When you’re ready for fine finish sanding, you can switch the Triton TGEOS Sander to its Free-Run Mode. The free-running backing pad moves in a constant eccentric motion. You can adjust the amount of material removal by applying slightly more or less pressure.
Further, the Triton TGEOS Sander features a variable speed control at the rear of the tool to really let you dial in your rate of material removal. It lets you select a no-load speed anywhere between 2500 to 6250 RPM.
- Dual orbit sanding action with free-run mode for fine sanding, and geared fixed orbit mode for fast material removal and buffing
- Vacuum dust extraction port for increased operator safety and clean work areas
- Constant speed under load ensures maximum control at all times
- Variable speed control and backing pad braking system adapt to a variety of materials and prevent workpiece damage
- Rubber over-molded grip offers increased support, safety & control of the tool
- Adjustable auxiliary handle adapts the tool to the job and matches operator preference
Dust extraction comes integrated right into the D-handle of this tool. Connect it to a shop vac or dust extractor and you’ll eliminate a large portion of dust from your work area. We’ve found that using dust extraction while sanding also improves efficiency since removing the particles allows the sanding pad to do more work.
You can pick up the Triton TGEOS 500W Eccentric Orbital Sander for $251.99. It comes with a soft case, 12 sanding discs, 2 backing pads (150mm and 125mm), and two spare carbon brushes. Triton also warranties the sander for 3 years.
Triton TGEOS Eccentric Sander Specs
- Model: Triton 595495
- No-Load Speed: 2500-6250 rpm
- Power: 500W
- Power On Indicator: Yes
- Height: 16-15/16 in.
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Width: 9-1/16 in.
- Sanding Area: 6 in.
- Variable Speed: Yes
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $251.99