The EGO Nexus Power Station is giving lithium-ion power supplies a kick in the pants with its unorthodox design. I say unorthodox, but outside of the Kohler enCube and Goal Zero products, there aren’t many big names in the battery-powered inverter space taking on 2000-watt gas generator/inverters, so I guess they’re all unorthodox. In any case, this is the best battery inverter we’ve ever tested—and we’ve brought in some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Capable of powering many 15A tools
- Flexible lithium-ion power source options – use one to four EGO 56V batteries in any capacity combination
- Nearly silent, emission-free power
- 2000-watt continuous power handles up to 3000 surge watts
- Easily replaceable/upgradable batteries
- Large, bright LCD screen
- Simple yet useful app offers controls and more detailed info
- Handles some 15-amp tools and has higher output than most other battery-powered options
- Firmware updates offer easy and free upgrades down the road
- Roll cage offers extra protection
- Onboard capacity is well under Goal Zero’s max
- Won’t make it past the startup surge of all 15-amp motors
This is the best battery inverter we’ve tested so far. It lets you run tools up to 15-amp handheld worm drive saws. That may get even better with firmware updates. While short of matching the total capacity of the Goal Zero Yeti 3000 on its own, the flexible design makes it easy to carry extra batteries in reserve. Whether you’re looking for no emissions, low noise, or just need to run your power source inside, the EGO Nexus Power Station pushes access to reliable power further than ever before.