fbpx
October 26, 2021

Professional Tool Reviews for Pros


Klein Cable Stapler for Romex, Voice, and Data

Klein Cable Stapler

Secure Your Wire and Cable with Klein Cable Stapler

Klein has introduced the Loose Cable Stapler to its expanding line of VDV installation and Romex solutions. With a forward action design, you’ll get stable and secure installation of wire and cable.


10-Second Summary

  • Model: Klein 450-100
  • Drives Klein insulated staples for VDV and Romex
  • Stsaple sizes: 1/4, 5/16, and 11/32 in.
  • One-handed forward operation
  • Channel cable guide
  • Cast aluminum body
  • Adjustable force setting lever
  • Jam-resistant
  • Price: $39.97

Features

The Klein Cable Stapler works with the brand’s own proprietary insulated staples to secure your various cables and wires.

Klein Cable Stapler

Klein designed it for simple one-handed operation. The handle is designed to be pushed rather than squeezed, making for easy and consistent performance. The ergonomic “reverse” action reminds us of the popular Arrow Powershot 5700 stapler.

Klein acknowledges that many cable staplers exist on the market, but maintain that they have an advantage over others. This comes down to the adjustability of theirs. It can handle multiple insulated staple sizes, working with 1/4″, 5/16″, and 11/32″ insulated staples. It works on various jobs that call for anything from speaker wire to CAT3-CAT6A, Coax, or even Romex 14/2-12/3G.

Klein fashioned this lightweight stapler from cast aluminum which also gives it better durability over steel. It has cushioned grips for easier stapling—helpful if you do a lot of staples in sequence. You can adjust a force setting lever to dial in the power, and a cable guide keeps your work neat and tidy.


You can pick up the Klein Loose Cable Stapler for $39.97. It comes with Klein’s Limited Lifetime Warranty that they include with all their hand tools.

Klein Cable Stapler Specs

  • Model: Klein 450-100
  • Application: Securing VDV and Romex Cable
  • Uses Klein insulated staples (450-001, 450-002, 450-003, 450-004)
  • Crown width: Adjustable 1/4, 5/16, 19/32 in.
  • Leg length: Adjustable 1/4, 5/16, 19/32 in.
  • Staple capacity: 20 to 30
  • Wire guide
  • Material: Cast aluminum
  • Dimensions (LxHxW): 7.5 x 1.75 x 6.5 in.
  • Weight: 1.7 lbs.
  • Warranty: Limited lifetime
  • Price: $39.97

Related articles

Milwaukee Portable 6-Inch Tripod Chain Vise | 48-22-8690

Take Milwaukee’s Chain Vise Anywhere Chain vices see a lot of use in the field for electrical, plumbing, and mechanical contractors. But, according to Milwaukee, most of the vices we see on the market are difficult to transport, inefficient to deploy, and become unstable as the joints wear down from use. The Milwaukee Portable 6-Inch […]

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Utility Fencing Stapler

Fresh off the press, the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Utility Fencing Stapler has us buzzing today. Instead of manually hammering staples, this promises to make the chore much, much easier. Milwaukee M18 Fuel Utility Fencing Stapler | What We Know So Far The first thing we wanted to know was what gauge this stapler can handle. […]

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
3 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Don

Worst POS staplers EVER ! I’ve been electrician many decades. I typically love Klein tools. I’ve used several other cable staplers and most are fair but not great. I was estatic that Klein made one. Until I used it. Works maybe 30% of the time. Jams/ misfires the other 70% Does NOT drive staples in ANY kind of lumber worth a dam. Thought maybe a bad unit, took back got another, same thing. Litually after using for a hour or so I tossed in trash. Klein should be ashamed of having their name on this product.

Chris

Worst stape gun I’ve had in over 30 years. Only works about 50 percent of the time. Very dissapointed in Klein. 40.00 paper weight.

teddy

Stapler works great, they do pull out a little easily though. Biggest complaint is they STILL don’t have the staples for 12/2 and 14/2! It’s the most common wire size. Why did you not start with that size? It’s been a few years what is the deal Klein?

3
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x