Makita Cordless Rebar Tie Tool: 1-Second Rebar Tying
The new kid on the block from Japan is the Makita cordless rebar tie tool. This brushless 18V rebar tying beast is capable of performing 5300 ties (#3 x #3) on a single 5.0 Ah battery in less than one second each.
- Model: Makita XRT01
- Brushless Motor
- Ties two #5 or four #4 bars in less than 1 second
- Up to 5300 ties per charge (5.0 Ah battery on #3 x #3)
- Up to 120 #3 x #3 ties on 1 wire wheel
- Price: $2399 kit
This isn’t the first cordless rebar tie tool to hit the market, but it is among the major power tool manufacturers that have a deep line of other products on the same battery platform. The major win here is in productivity. With a tie taking less than 1 second, you’ll move through those ties much faster than you would manually.
There are two modes to work with: single and continuous. On big jobs, we expect the continuous mode to be the one you’ll use most often. The risk of accidentally triggering a wrap is offset by two-stage protection. There’s a lock off to overcome and a power switch.
You can select 6 different tying strengths to match your needs. The controls are electronic and you’ll find them above the battery like you do on Makita impact drivers.
It’ll be tough to outwork the 5.0 Ah batteries that come with the kit. You’ll get up to 5300 ties on one charge and the Rapid Optimum Charger will have you back up in 45 minutes or less while you’re using the second pack.
Each wire wheel will net you around 120 ties on #3 x #3 bars. Obviously, that changes as you move up to #4 or #5.
The bare tool will run $2199 and the kit with two 5.0 Ah batteries and a Rapid Optimum Charger is $200 more.
Makita Cordless Rebar Tie Tool Highlights
- Brushless motor
- 2 modes: single or continuous tying
- Easy load wire wheel design
- Electronic tying strength adjustment (6 modes)
- Trigger power switch and lock off for safety
- Rapid Optimum Charger included – 45-minute charging for 5.0 Ah battery
Models and Accessories
- XRT01ZK: Makita cordless rebar tie tool (bare)
- XRT01TK: Tool with (2) 5.0 Ah batteries and rapid charger
- 199137-9: 21-gauge wire wheel 50-pack
Makita Cordless Rebar Tie Tool Specifications
- Model: Makita XRT01
- Power Source: Makita 18V LXT battery
- Rebar Range: #3 x #3 to #5 x #5
- Estimated Runtime: 5300 ties per charge (#3 x #3)
- Wire: 21 gauge
- Estimated Ties Per Wire Wheel: 120 (#3 x #3)
- Tying Speed: 0.8 seconds
- Tying Strength Levels: 6
- Length: 12″
- Weight: 5.7 pounds with battery
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $2399 kit, $2199 bare