Two of Ridgid’s pneumatic products have been recalled due to a malfunctioning trigger assembly which could allow the tool to involuntarily discharge a fastener, posing a laceration or injury hazard to consumers. The Ridgid Coil Roofing and Clipped Head Framing Nailer Recall affects around 8400 Coil Roofing Nailers and 4400 Clipped Head Framing Nailers sold under the Ridgid brand at Home Depot stores nationwide and also online at homedepot.com between January and September of 2012. The tools retailed for about $230. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled nailers and contact One World Technologies for a free replacement nailer. No injuries have been reported, so this looks like a fairly painful and successfully-implemented recall that will end up replacing the affected tools for consumers.
Ridgid Coil Roofing and Clipped Head Framing Nailer Recall Details
- Hazard: The trigger assembly on the nailers can malfunction and involuntarily discharge a fastener, posing a laceration or injury hazard to consumers.
- Units: About 8,400 Coil Roofing Nailers and 4,400 Clipped Head Framing Nailers
- Description: The recalled pneumatic nailers are used to secure fasteners into roofs and woodwork. The orange and gray hand held drill-shaped tools have the name “RIDGID” on the side of the nailers in white type on a black panel. The model and serial numbers are located on the side of the nail tray/magazine where the fasteners are loaded. Recalled nailers have the following serial number range:
- Models affected: Coil Roofing Nailer (model R175RNE: ER114600001 through ER1217008424) and Clipped Head Framing Nailer (model R350CHE: ER114600001 through ER1215004424)
- Incidents/Injuries: None reported
- Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled nailers and contact One World Technologies for a free replacement nailer.
- Sold at: Home Depot stores nationwide and online at homedepot.com between January 2012 and September 2012 for about $230.
- Manufacturer: De Poan Pneumatic Corporation, of Taiwan
- Manufactured in: Taiwan
Note that any nailers with a blue dot on the product packaging are not included in the recall. Consumers can contact One World Technologies at (800) 597-9624 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.ridgid.com and click on Safety Notices for more information.