Looking to cut big lumber in one pass? We visited Skilsaw during the 2018 World of Concrete event, and it just so happens that they’ve recently released a saw that can tackle your larger beams. The Skilsaw Super Sawsquatch is a 16-5/16″ circular saw that can cut clean through lumber up to 6-1/4″ thick.
Even at a 45° angle, the Skilsaw Super Sawsquatch can tackle up to a 4-5/16″ cut. It features a 15-amp motor and Skilsaw’s worm drive for plenty of torque. Due to its magnesium construction, this massive saw weighs less than 30 lbs. This saw features a dust port, repositionable auxiliary handle, and electric brake as well.
Who needs a saw like this? It’s certainly not the framer using 2x and 4x to frame out a house. This is a bigger deal in homes that go for a more rustic or natural look with timber beams that can often run in as 6x lumber. So while the market isn’t as deep for this large a saw, when you to cut large beams, this is the kind of saw you turn to.
Skilsaw Super Sawsquatch Features
- 6-1/4 In. cutting capacity for one-and-done, clean cuts through 6X and lumber up to 6-1/4 In. thick
- Largest capacity worm drive circular saw that delivers relentless power for the biggest jobs
- Tough, durable magnesium die-cast footplate ensures accurate cuts every time
- All magnesium construction for durability and reduced weight
- 15 AMP Dual-Field motor keeps the motor cooler to provide increased power
- 16-5/16 In. Skilsaw blade to make perfect cuts right out of the box
- Electric brake for increased jobsite productivity
Skilsaw Super Sawsquatch Specs
- Model Number: SPT70V-11
- Arbor Size: 1″
- Balde Size: 16-5/16″
- Cord Length: 10′
- Height: 17.5″
- Weight: 27.3 lbs
- Amperage: 15A
- Max RPM: 2,500 No Load
- Motor Gearing: Worm Drive
- Max Cut Depth at 90°: 6-1/4″
- Max Cut Depth at 45°: 4-5/16″
- MSRP: $639.99