Mean Green Nemesis NXR: Has Gas Been Defeated?
Mean Green Mowers recently introduced what it claims will be the gas-powered mower’s downfall – the Mean Green Nemesis NXR. But can it back up its gauntlet throw-down? The patent-pending Nemesis NXR is an electric, zero-turn mower crafted out of aluminum and high strength steel with custom rite-ride suspension, an aerospace-inspired trailing link front caster suspension, and elastomer bumper seat dampening with two foam densities.
The company claims the Mean Green Nemesis NXR can handle up to 1.5 hours of mowing – about 3 acres – on its smaller LEM4880 Green Lithium Battery or up to 2.5 hours of mowing – about 5 acres – on its larger LEM48140 Green Lithium Battery for a lifetime total of 1,500-3,000 mowing hours. It boasts a 76db noise level, weighs in at just under 600 pounds and is available with a 48- or 52-inch heavy gauge welded aluminum deck.
Pricing for the new Nemesis starts at just $8,999 with the smaller 3 acre Green Lithium Battery and 10A charger and increases by $1,500 for the larger 5 acre Green Lithium Battery. Mean Green doesn’t maintain an inventory so interested customers will be putting a deposit down on a production slot, which can be cancelled at any time before the purchase order is finalized, in which case a Mean Green will issue a full refund.
If anyone on the battery side of things is going to seriously challenge the commercial market, it’s going to have to include a commercial mower and Mean Green seems to have put a solid one together with the Nemesis NXR.
The reality for the commercial crew is still going to be run time – and you’re only getting roughly 5 acres out of this model. This will work for homeowners, but the crew that has to hit 20 to 25 lawns of varying sizes on those long summer days is going to need at least one spare battery and they’ll need to replace them every couple years.
There are some crews that this will work for, particularly in noise restricted areas. When you look at the cost of the mower plus the accessories you’ll likely want to add, it may be time to raise rates for those clients that require less noise or emissions.
Mean Green Nemesis NXR Standard Features
- Roll Over Protection System
- Side Discharge Deck
- Pneumatic Front Tires
- Soft ride rear radial turf tires
- Electric Deck Lift System
- High/Low Blade Speed Control
- 7 Gauge Aluminum Chassis/Deck Design
- Custom Lumbar Comfort Seat
- Dual Support Anti-Scalp Wheel Mounts
- Rite-Ride Trailing link Front Caster and Seat Suspension
- Operator Blade Speed Warning System
Mean Green Nemesis NXR Optional Features
- No Flat front wheels…..add $75
- S.A.M Solar Canopy System with charge controller…$1,599
- 200W Solar flex panels with charge controller (you mount on home)…$817
- Monster Mode high speed/torque 8.5 mph top speed…$80
- 2,000 Watt inverter with battery adapter…$699
- Aluminum grass catcher…$569
- 25A Fast charger (replacing 10A charger) …$450
- Dual LED floodlight and USB (12V) converter kit…$495
- ORV-BLAST! front end blower w/ foot controls…$1,754
Mean Green Nemesis NXR Standard Specifications
- 1.5/2.5 hours of mower small/large battery
- 600 pounds
- 48- or 52-inch deck
For more information, visit http://www.meangreenproducts.com/nxr4852.