It’s been a while since we’ve mentioned the Dremel name here at Pro Tool Reviews, but the popular DIY rotary tool has a combo kit worth talking about. The Dremel 3-tool combo kit includes a Dremel 3000 rotary tool, MM30 Multi-Max oscillating multi-tool, and SM20 Saw-Max multipurpose tool.
When you look at the kit, it covers a lot of the light-duty work Pros turn to grinders for, plus the ever-useful oscillating multi-tool. Is it a good fit for your toolbox?
Let’s take a look at each tool in a little more detail.
Dremel 3-Tool Ultimate Combo Kit
Dremel 3000 Rotary Tool
The Dremel 3000 is one of the newer models of what made the brand famous in the first place. With variable speeds from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM, it helps with everything from crafts to cutting off stuck bolts on boat trailers in a pinch.
What Dremel Says
- EZ Twist nose cap with wrench for fast accessory changes
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM
- Can be used with all Dremel rotary tool accessories and most attachments
- Cool-running ball bearing construction for smooth and quiet operation
- Replaceable motor brushes extend tool life
- Two year warranty
Dremel MM30 Multi-Max Oscillating Multi-Tool
Oscillating multi-tools are some of the most awkward-looking yet dead useful tools you can own. They sand, grind, and cut in positions that no other tool can get. From removing silicon sealant to undercutting baseboards, you’ll find at least one in every Pro remodeler’s toolbox.
What Dremel Says
- Quick release on-tool integrated wrench: Dremel MM30 users no longer have to worry about losing their wrench
- Fast speed of cut: the extra-wide 3.2-degree oscillation angle provides faster cutting and performance
- Quick hold magnetic accessory interface – the MM30 magnetically holds the accessory in place making tightening the clamping screw significantly easier for the user
- Wide variable speed range – from 10,000-23,000 OPM is the highest top-end speed of all oscillating tools available
- Ergonomically optimized soft grip for comfort and control
- 7 Ft. durable rubber cord for a wide working range
Dremel SM20 Saw-Max Multipurpose Tool
The Dremel SM20 Saw-Max is another multiple material machine. While it’s relatively short cutting depth will hamper it in some applications, it’s ability to cut in wood, metal, and masonry makes it more versatile than a circular saw.
What Dremel Says
- Powerful 6 Amp motor – easily tackles the toughest applications
- Versatile cutting system – for cutting a variety of materials including wood, plastic, metal, tile, and masonry
- Worm drive gearing – for durability and power
- Excellent line of sight for precise, confident cuts
What About Actual Performance?
What Dremel has to say is one thing, as is the theoretical use of each of these tools. Tim Johson over at Shop Tool Reviews has been spending some quality time with each tool and has his review for you. Click below to see what he thinks!
Dremel 3-Tool Combo Kit Key Features
- Tools included: Dremel 3000 rotary tool, Dremel MM30 Multi-Max oscillating tool and Dremel SM20 Saw-Max multipurpose tool
- Rotary tool accessories: EZ twist nose cap wrench, 540 fiberglass reinforced cut-off wheel (2), 932 aluminum oxide grinding stone, 429 felt polishing wheel, 401 mandrel, 402 mandrel and a wrench
- Multi-max accessories: MM480 wood flush cut blade, MM450 wood and drywall blade, MM14 hook and loop pad and MM70W sanding sheets (3)
- Saw-max accessories: SM500 wood and plastic carbide wheel, SM510 metal cut-off wheel (2) and a storage bag
- Dremel 3000 high-performance rotary tool with EZ Twist nose cap wrench for fast accessory changes
- Dremel Multi-Max MM30 tool that is perfect for getting into narrow spaces and tight spots that conventional saws and sanders cannot reach; also has a quick release integrated wrench allows for convenient accessory changes
- Dremel Saw-Max SM20 tool with ergonomic design and compact size that allows for easy 1-handed operation and combined with an excellent line of sight
Dremel 3-Tool Combo Kit Specifications
- Model: Dremel CKDR-04
- Includes: 3 Dremel tools,15 Dremel accessories, and storage bag
- Warranty: Limited 1 Year
- Price: TBA