Flex Giraffe GE 7 Drywall Sander
Flex Giraffe GE 7 is the World’s First Drywall Sander with Interchangeable Heads
The Flex Giraffe GE 7 Drywall Sander is the world’s first interchangeable head drywall sanding system. It offers four interchangeable heads and well-designed ergonomics for drywall and painting applications.
- Four interchangeable sanding heads: random orbital, contour rotary, round sanding rotary, and triangular random orbital (Europe only)
- Dust extraction hood with brush rim has spring suspension to prevent sanding marks
- Gimbal-mounted sanding head for increased control
- Oval guide tube for a comfortable grip
Don’t Lose Your Head
For the US version, the Flex Giraffe GE 7 has rotary, contour (edge) rotary, and random orbit heads. There’s a triangular random orbit head running around Europe, but we’ll have to wait and see if it makes it across the pond.
Switching heads is easy. Two buttons push in to release the head and the new snaps in place. That’s all there is to it.
The Flex Giraffe GE 7 Drywall Sander is a master of control and finesse. The Giraffe boasts full-wave electronics with overload protection to maintain a constant sanding speed.
Some competing designs place the motor on the head to prevent bogging down, but this makes the sander top-heavy. With its flexible drive shaft, the Giraffe locates the motor near your lower hand and still achieves efficient power transmission.
The dust extraction hood features a spring-suspended brush rim that works with the Gimbal-suspended head assembly to keep the Giraffe in contact with the wall and extract dust effectively.
Flex claims the oval guide tube provides a better grip than the standard cylindrical shape. You can attach an additional handle and a tool-free tube extension to it.
Additionally, there’s a dust-proof switch and carrying bag to organize the Giraffe between jobs. The sander is designed to attach to the Flex safety vacuum with the Flex clip system. There’s even a Giraffe holder for the vacuum.
On the job, Flex’s mobile workstation moves and hold the Giraffe to the ceiling and walls. We expect the Giraffe to compete well against other high-end drywall sanders like Festool’s Planex.
Flex Giraffe GE 7 Long-Neck Sander Specifications
- Model: Flex GE 7
- Sanding disk diameter: 8.85 inches
- No-load speed: 1,100 – 1,650 RPM
- Stroke rate at no-load MH-X D225: 3,100 – 4,600 RPM
- Stroke rate at no-load MH-T 290×290: 3,800 – 5,700 RPM
- Power consumption: 710 watts
- Power output: 410 watts
- Tool fixture: hook and loop
- Extension Plug-in: 19.75 inches
- Tilt angle at head: 100°
- Speed control: Continuous 6 positions
- Length (pad 90°): 60 inches
- Weight: 9.25 pounds
- Estimated Prices*:
- Giraffe with Round Sanding Head: ~$960
- Giraffe with Round and Triangular Head ~$1,137
- Giraffe with Segment and Random-Orbital Head: ~$1,137
- Giraffe with Segment Sanding Head: ~$997
- Individual Heads: ~$210 – $267
*Price estimates based on current European MSRPs and converted to US dollars.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $519.39