Klein vented and non-vented hard hats and safety helmets address electricians and everyone else who needs head protection. For some job sites, this part of your safety workwear simply isn’t optional. We immediately liked the selection and options for these new hard hats. Class E non-vented hard hats are built for electricians and linemen. These hats are tested up to 20kV and meet ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15; EN397:2012+A1:2012-Lateral Deformation (LD) standards. Use them anywhere electrical protection is required.
The Klein Class C vented hard hats feature adjustable vents that can be opened or closed. You get some air circulation while still meeting the same safety standards. They just don’t carry a recommendation for electrical use since you’d have an added ingress point.
All of the new hardhats include a breathable, padded sweat-wicking band and top pad. These are made with anti-microbial and odor control materials.
As we’d expect, you can adjust the hat with one hand using the rear control knob. The knob even pivots to stay clear of bandanas or ponytails. Check out our Klein Tools Hard Hat with Headlamp 60113 review.
In all, there are ten new Klein hard hats that can be broken down as follows:
Klein Non-Vented Hard Hats (Class E)
- 60100 White Cap Style – $29.99
- 60107 White Cap Style with LED Light – $39.97
- 60900 Orange Cap Style with LED Light – $44.99
- 60400 White Full Brim Style – $33.99
- 60406 White Full Brim Style with LED Light – $59.99
Klein Vented Hard Hats
- 60105 White Cap Style – $34.99
- 60113 White Cap Style with LED Light – $49.99
- 60901 Orange Cap Style with LED Light – $46.19
- 60401 White Full Brim Style – $35.00
- 60407 White Full Brim Style with LED Light – $59.99
Klein Hard Hat Shared Features
All of the Klein hard hats have the following features:
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15; EN397:2012+A1:2012-Lateral Deformation (LD) standards
- Breathable, padded sweat-wicking band and top pad
- One-handed adjustment with large knob ratchet mechanism
- Flexible, open-frame suspension
- Rear neck pad
- Tested for reverse donning
- Universal accessory slots on both sides
- Patent-pending accessory mounts on front and back
- Compatible with Hardhat Headlamp (KHH56220) or Rechargeable Auto-Off Headlamp (56034)
- Cap Style and Full Brim styles available
- Includes user guide and reflective stickers
Read our review of the Klein Hard Hat with Headlamp.
Klein Safety Helmets
In addition to the vented and non-vented hard hats, Klein also has a line of safety helmets available. These compact, lightweight safety helmets encorporate a design that makes an ideal choice for working at height or confined spaces. These helmets feature a low-profile bill that provides an unobstructed view.
The Klein Safety Helmets come in Class C Type-1 vented models and Class E Type-1 non-vented models. You can opt for either model to feature a headlamp as well.
Beyond that, the Klein Safety Helmets carry a lot of the same features as the vented and non-vented hard hats. They carry the same safety certifications, as well as utility and comfort features.
However, there are a few distinctions between these models. One is the aforementioned compact and low-profile design. The other is the included 6-point suspension and chin strap. The chin strap connects at 4 points and can detach if you so choose.
Klein Safety Helmets
- 60145 White Safety Helmet – $49.99
- 60146 White Safety Helmet with Headlamp – $69.99
- 60147 Blue Safety Helmet – $49.99
- 60148 Blue Safety Helmet with Headlamp – $69.99
- 60149 White Safety Helmet – $54.99
- 60150 White Safety Helmet with Headlamp – $74.99
We’ve seen lots of hard hats come to market, including models from manufacturers who never made them before. While vented hard hats aren’t new—this is the first time Klein has offered them. We also like the way Klein has provided accessory mounts on the sides, rear, and front. While a hardhat LED headlamp option (KHH56220) exists across the entire line, you can also affix the Klein Rechargeable Auto-Off Headlamp (Cat. No. 56034). With the models available, you can get just about anything you need. Everything except an orange full-brim model, that is!