Ridgid has introduced a new IR thermometer that builds on the technology of their previous version. The Ridgid Micro IR-200 Infrared Thermometer is now more precise and carries a larger temperature range. The IR-200 is capable of reading temperatures as high as 2192 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s more than 700 degrees hotter than the previous model. The distance to spot ratio has also been bumped from 20:1 to 30:1 to get the user a little farther away from the heat source. Adjustable emissivity settings help improve accuracy on nearly any surface.
To obtain a reading, a simple squeeze of the trigger and point the dual class II lasers at the surface you want to measure. Like other dual laser IR thermometers, they outline the area you’re grabbing a reading from.
The Ridgid Micro IR-200 Non-Contact IR Thermometer also has additional features that include audible and visual high and low alarms, a bright backlit display for poorly lit areas, and a tripod mount capabilities for repeatable, precise temperature measurements.
“The new upgrades to this model are based on feedback from our customers on what they need to help them complete their most demanding jobs. The IR-200 Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer enables professionals to accurately measure higher surface temperatures from a safe distance, allowing them to complete more jobs in less time.”
– Eric Huber, RIDGID Senior New Product Development Manager
Ridgid Micro IR-200 Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer Key Features
- Dual Class II lasers easily identify the surface area being measured
- 30:1 distance to spot ratio allows you to take measurements from a longer distance
- Adjustable emissivity to accurately measure the temperature of virtually any surface
- Audible and visual high and low alarms quickly alert you to temperatures outside of the ranges that you set
- Backlit display which can be toggled on in poorly lit areas
- Tripod mount capable for repeatable, precise temperature measurements
- Power Source: Battery (1 x 9V) Included
- Temperature Range: -58° to 2192°F (-50° to 1200°C)
- Measurement Accuracy (-58 to 68 F): ±4.5°F
- Measurement Accuracy (68°F to 2192°F): ±1.0% or ±1.8°F
- Distance To Spot Ratio: 30:1
- Response Time: <150ms
- Emissivity: Adjustable, 0.10 – 1.00
- Temperature Display: Current Temperature, MAX Temperature
- Measurement Units: Fahrenheit, Celsius
- Weight: 0.5 pound
- Warranty: Full Lifetime
To learn more about the new Ridgid Micro IR-200 Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer, please visit Ridgid’s website.
Check out all Ridgid Test and Measurement Tools at Acme Tools!