Recently, Hilti introduced a new member of their demolition hammer family – the Hilti Breaker TE 800-AVR. We got to check it out first hand at the 2016 World of Concrete trade show in Las Vegas, and it hits hard and is very comfortable to use. The new corded demo hammer features Hi Drive technology that delivers 15 ft-lbs of impact energy. The breaker is the class leader in power with its 15 amp, 1850 watt HPD motor, yet boasts the lowest weight in its class.
For user comfort, the hammer drill has a D-handle design that offers perfect balance when for demolition work on walls, floor slabs, or breaking out opening opening doors or windows. Hilti now offers new sharp and flat wall chisels that designed to bring more impact energy and control when working with wall demolition.
The Hilti Breaker TE 800-AVR is also equipped with Hilti’s triple chamber sealing design. How does that help? It isolates the hammering mechanism, the piston area, and chuck to prevent dust from entering the gearing – the hammer drill is virtually dust free with its optional dust removal system. In addition, it is also designed with active cooling system that provides an active air flow over electronics, motor, gear, and hammering mechanism towards the tool chuck, resulting in much lower operating temperatures.
When it comes to precision demo work (that sounds like an oxymoron to me), the simple press of a button reduces power to keep things under control.
With such a large focus on ergonomics by OSHA, one of the most important features on Hilti’s new breaker is their AVR (active vibration reduction) technology. As if it really needs to add to the list of class leading accolades, it gets to bring home another trophy for best in class vibration values.
“Best in class power, weight, and vibration—combine those with Hilti’s already legendary reputation for quality on industrial job sites, and I can’t think of a single reason you wouldn’t want to check out the Hilti TE 800-AVR.”
– Kenny Koehler, Pro Tool Reviews Managing Editor
- Full hammering frequency: 1890 impacts/minute
- Single impact energy: 15 ft-lbs
- Weight according EPTA-Procedure 01/2003: 23.4 lbs
- Max. chiseling performance: 153 in³/min
- A-weighted emission sound pressure level: 87 dB (A)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 23.1 x 5.6 x 12.8 in
- Reduced impact energy: Yes
- Dust removal module: TE DRS-B (optional)
- Tri-axial vibration for chiseling into concrete: 9.0 m/s²
- Warranty: Hilti Lifetime Service
- Price: $1,199
Hilti Breaker TE 800-AVR Rated Applications
- Demolition work on walls
- Correction work on floor slabs
- Breaking out openings for doors and windows
Want to be friends? Like Pro Tool Reviews on Facebook!