Get A “Tool Time” Tax Break On Your Most Commonly Used Tools In Florida
Tax-free week is something families look forward to every year. It helps them purchase their most common necessities leading up to the back-to-school season. Now, the Florida Department of Revenue announced that a similar tax break will take place for certain qualifying tools as a way to support the trades. Find out what tools you can purchase to qualify for the Florida Tool Tax Holiday happening from September 3 to September 9, 2022!
Florida Tax-Free Tool Eligibility
For starters, the tools must be purchased, not rented during this tax holiday in order to qualify. You also have to purchase them at a qualifying retailer. Tools purchased at places like theme parks, entertainment complexes, and airports will not qualify for this tax break.
Below are the eligible items that Florida residents can expect to buy without tax during this tool tax-free holiday week:
- Work gloves selling for $25 or less per pair
- Duffel bags, hand tools, LED flashlights, protective coveralls, and tote bags selling for less than $50 per item
- Safety glasses selling for $50 or less per pair
- Electrical voltage testing equipment, shop lights, and tool belts selling for $100 or less per item
- Industry code books and industry textbooks selling for $125 or less per item
- Drain opening tools, handheld pipe cutters, plumbing inspection equipment, and power tool batteries selling for $150 or less per item
- Work boots selling for $175 or less per pair
- Power tools and vehicle toolboxes selling for $300 or less per item
The 2022 Florida tool tax holiday should offer both DIYers and tradesmen the opportunity to save some money on the tools that they use every day.
Obviously, not everyone lives in Florida and can take advantage of this (of course, if you’re in a neighboring state, you can always pop across the border to shop). Does your state offer any trade-focused savings like this? Let us know in the comments below!