Gearwrench Master Set Sets Up Mechanics for a Career
When you’re looking for the ultimate in mechanic’s hand tools, check out the Gearwrench Master Set. It has 613 tools to cover a wide range of tasks that mechanics come across. And unlike some tool sets out there, it’s not 30% hex wrenches and driver bits.
You Get What You Pay For
Gearwrench is the premium mechanic-oriented tool and storage brand for the Apex Tool Group. It’s positioned above SATA—a more budget-friendly Apex brand. There are clearly a lot of tools and you can check out all of them on Gearwrench’s website. Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll find:
Gearwrench Master Set Contents
- 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” Chrome Sockets & Drive Tools
- Drive Tools
- Std. 84T Ratchets 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
- Flex 84T Ratchets 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
- Gimbal Ratchets 1/4”, 3/8”
- Extension Bars 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
- Universal Joints 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
- F to M Adapters 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
- 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” SAE/Metric STD/DP 6pt & 12pt
- 1/4”, 3/8” 6pt SAE/Metric Mid-Length
- 1/4”, 3/8” 6pt SAE/Metric Flex
- Bit Sockets
- 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” SAE/Metric Hex
- 1/4”, 3/8” SAE/Metric Hex Ball End
- Ratcheting Wrenches
- Combination SAE/Metric
- Flex Head SAE/Metric
- Reversing SAE/Metric
- Stubby Combination SAE/Metric
- Long Pattern Non-Ratcheting Combination Wrenches
- 12pt SAE/Metric
- Dual Material Screwdrivers
- 7pc Pliers
- T&G, Slip Joint, Linesman, Diagonal, Long Nose
What Gearwrench Says
“Simply put, this set has everything that a professional automotive mechanic would need to either start their career or to take their expertise to the next level. With the Master Set, there’s no weak spot in your tool collection. Mechanics get the confidence that owning professional-grade tools can bring. It’s not just an investment in your tools—it’s an investment in your career. Plus, buying it as a set is a fraction of the cost of picking up the tools individually.”Chris Coll, Gearwrench Project Manager
Acme Tools is the only retailer online with preorders available and we expect to see the set on Amazon once it launches. The price comes in at a cool $2443.99. That can be a lot to drop at one time, but it’s quite a bit less than buying them individually or financing a set from a tool truck.
Obviously, this is a great addition for you as an individual. We also like it as a very nice gift for trade school graduation or career milestones.
The good thing is you can buy Gearwrench at Home Depot, Walmart and a few other outlets, and don’t have to pay the upcharge/convenience fee of the Tool Trucks.
But you can also get a larger Husky tool set for less money, so if you are just starting out in the industry, or are on a tight budget otherwise, you can save and make money this way.
I can’t find the 613 piece set for $1,999 but I have found it for $2,299.
I have found the 579 piece for $1,995 though.