Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench
#WorldsFirst: Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench is the First Battery-Powered Model to Market
At the 2018 New Product Symposium, Milwaukee announced that they’ve been working on a cordless solution for high-torque impact wrench users. They predicted its launch in Q4 of 2018, but by the time Q4 actually rolled around, Milwaukee postponed the release for more testing. Well, that day is drawing closer and the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench is slated for a June 2019 release.
- Model Number: Milwaukee 2867-22
- World’s first cordless 1-inch high torque impact wrench
- Brand new PowerState brushless motor design
- 0 – 1650 RPM/0 – 2450 BPM
- Up to 1500 ft-lbs of fastening and 1800 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque
- Fastens bolts up to 1-3/4″
- With battery attached, it weighs 12.9 lbs – 7lbs lighter than the leading corded option available
- One-Key enabled with 4 customizable modes
- $699 bare, $999 kit
What’s The Big Deal?
The biggest deal about this tool is that it exists. With it, Milwaukee is giving you another opportunity to finally ditch your compressors and generators. Since the Milwaukee 1-inch high torque impact wrench weighs 7 lbs less than the leading corded option, going cordless is a legitimate alternative. It provides even more power than the Milwaukee M18 FUEL impact wrench for linemen.
But what about power?
Cordless has to be able to keep up with corded and pneumatic tools to make the switch worthwhile. Milwaukee claims that this is the world’s most powerful cordless impact. Its spec sheet boasts 1800 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque to go along with 1650 RPM and 2450 BPM.
With the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench, you can fasten bolts up to 1-3/4 inches.
To make it happen, Milwaukee is producing a brand new Powerstate brushless motor to boost the power to new levels. Chances are that this isn’t the only tool that is going to benefit from it, so we’re left wondering what else they have in store. Lawnmower? 10-inch table saw? 12-inch miter saw? Formula 1 racecar?
The Milwaukee 2867 features One-Key, allowing you to customize its 4 modes, inventory your crib, and track the tool.
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1″ Impact Wrench hits stores this June. You can purchase it as a bare tool for $699, or as a kit for $999. The kit includes the tool, two M18 High Output XC8.0Ah batteries, rapid charger, tool-free adjustable handle, lanyard loop, and contractor bag.
- Anvil is a 1-inch friction ring with a thru hole
- Auxiliary handle rotates 270º without needing a hex wrench for adjustments
- Note that the warranty on this tool is 3 years instead of Milwaukee’s normal 5-year cordless tool warranty
What They Say
“The M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench is the epitome of what we’re able to accomplish through M18 Fuel cordless technology – it’s not only the first of its kind but it’s also the most powerful cordless impact in the world. This tremendous power breaks down so many barriers on the jobsite and in the shop: Users will no longer need their compressors and generators, nor will they need to spend the time and money needed to maintain them. They’ll experience much less fatigue because this tool is much lighter than what they have been using during these fastening applications. And they’ll be able to perform their jobs without the interference of cords or hoses. There simply hasn’t been a cordless impact wrench like this ever before.”
-Eric Rusch, Senior Product Manager for Milwaukee Tool
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench Specs
- Model Number: Milwaukee 2867-20 (Bare), 2867-22 (Kit)
- Anvil Type: 1″ Friction Ring w Thru-Hole
- Fastening Torque: 1500 ft-lbs
- Nut-Busting Torque: 1800 ft-lbs
- Drive Control: 4-Mode Customizable
- Speed: 0-1650 RPM
- Impact Rate: 0-2450 IPM
- One-Key: Yes
- Tool Length (w/ battery): 10.9″
- Tool Weight (w/ battery): 12.9 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Years
- MSRP: $699 (Bare Tool); $999 (Kit)
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $699.89Was: $878.00