Festool Hybrid Sander Line Offers Cordless Freedom
Due for release in early October, the new line of Festool Hybrid Sander models comes in three different forms that all bring cordless, or corded, convenience and functionality to a variety of applications. Leo Zirkler, Vice President of Marketing at Festool, had this to say:
“These new sanders allow users to effortlessly transition from corded to cordless without compromising performance. We’re proud of the phenomenal ergonomics and balance, and that we’ve again brought to market a truly innovative power tool solution.”
3 New Models
The Festool Hybrid Sander will be available in three different models. The ETSC 125 is a 5″ random orbit sander, the DTSC 400 is delta-shaped for sanding in corners, while the RTSC 400 has a rectangular shape.
All of these sanders have the ability to be used corded or cordlessly. Used cordlessly, the sanders use a 18V 3.1Ah battery pack and weigh only 3.08 lbs. At full power, the battery runs for up to 30 minutes. A brushless EC-TEC motor affords the new Festool Hybrid Sanders an no-load speed range from 6,000- 10,000 RPM.
Additionally, all of the models in the hybrid line carry Festool’s integrated dust extraction – something the brand is well-known for. The user can attach a reusable dust collection bag to the air output or with one of Festool’s mobile dust extractors.
Festool Hybrid Sander Features
- Hybrid power system provides corded or cordless operation without compromise
- Balanced design and formed, rubberized grip for superior comfort and control
- Power, dust extraction, fine sanding result, 30-minute runtime all combine for ultimate sanding performance
- Highly effective pad brake with integrated carbide inserts for optimal pad control
- Protector guard protects pad and abutting surfaces from damage
Festool Hybrid Sander Specs
- Min. battery voltage: 18 V
- Li-ion battery capacity: 3.1 Ah
- Idle engine speed: 6,000 – 10,000 RPM
- Sanding stroke: 5/64″ (2 mm)
- Dust extraction connection diameter: 1-1/16″ (27 mm)
- Interchangeable sanding pad diameter: 5″ (125 mm)
- Weight with Li-ion: 3.08 lbs (1.4 kg)