It seems like every couple of weeks we’ve got a new set of wire strippers to look at, and they’re all generally coming from one of two companies. Some of the new models we receive will emphasize ergonomics, some emphasize an improved range of stripping gauges, and some emphasize an effort at improving manufacturing and materials… the list goes on. It sort of makes you wonder how many times this particular wheel can be reinvented. Well, Klein Tools is taking another stab at creating the “one design to rule them all.” The Klein Kurve Wire Stripper Crimper features an ergonomically sound handle, a robust range of wire stripping, and a relatively extensive range of crimping capabilities.
Klein Kurve Wire Stripper Crimper Features
- Strips 10-26 AWG solid and 12-28 AWG stranded wire
- Crimps 10-22 AWG insulated and non-insulated terminals
- Crimps B connectors
- Crimps Scotchlok IDC connectors
- Reinforced head reduces flex
- Cleanly shears 6-32 and 8-32 screws
- Precision shear-type cutting blades for easier cutting
- Loops and twists wire
- Double dipped Klein Kurve comfort grips
- Made in U.S.A.
The Klein Design
By all accounts, the Klein Kurve handles all feel pretty good in your hand. Not only do the handles come with some sweet double-dipping for an improved gripping experience, but they’ve also got an ergonomic curved design. The result is a handle that fits more naturally into your closed hand.
The Klein Kurve Wire Stripper Crimper also broadens the range of crimps you might expect from your standard pair of wire strippers. Not only can it crimp 10-22 AWG insulated and non-insulated terminals, but it can also tackle Scotchlok IDC connectors and B connectors.
Finally, the Klein Kurve also extends the range of wire gauges you can strip. Where most strippers can only tackle between 12-22 stranded AWG, this new Klein Kurve model can manage 12-28 AWG. For the vast majority of wires you’ll meet on the job, these strippers ought to be able to do the trick.
Of course, the Klein Kurve Wire Stripper Crimper can also bend and loop wire, as well as shear screws. Klein has also reinforced the head to reduce flex over time. These wire strippers will run you a paltry $19.97 from your local hardware store or online.
Klein Kurve Wire Stripper Crimper Specs
- Model Number: Klein Tools 1019
- Application: Cuts, Strips, and Crimps Wires
- Special Features: 4 Crimpers in 1 Tool
- Material: Steel
- Strips and Cuts: 10-26 AWG Solid and 12-28 AWG Stranded
- Screw Shearing: 6-32 and 8-32
- Crimping Capacity: 10-22 AWG Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminals, B-Connectors, Scotchlok IDC Connectors
- Cutting Capacity: 10-26 AWG Solid and 12-28 AWG Stranded
- Overall Length: 7.75″
- Weight: 0.34 lb
- MSRP: $19.97