DeWalt is taking another crack at a cordless framing nailer. The new DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Framing Nailer features a 21° magazine instead of the 30° on their current model. This model drops the maximum nail length to 3-1/4″ but lets you go with a thicker 0.148″ nail diameter.
- Aluminum 21° magazine
- No apparent changes in firing delay or power level over DCN692
- Similar feature set to DCN692
- $369.99 with (1) 4.0 Ah battery and charger
Weight actually increases slightly and the change in magazine angle drops the capacity from 55 to 49 nails. That’s not too big of a deal considering you can still fit a full stick of nails once you hit dry-fire lockout. An aluminum magazine construction is a nice upgrade over the plastic one, though.
The feature set reads very similarly to the DCN692, leading us to believe that it’s what DeWalt isn’t saying that is significant. They’re not claiming to solve the firing delay with a new mechanism like Hitachi did. They’re also not saying that you can expect more power over the old one.
Pricing is identical to the current model at $399 for a kit with a single 4.0 Ah battery and charger. Expect this one to hit stores sometime this fall.
We’ll have to wait until we get a chance to put this one in our hands before we can say for sure, but on the surface, it looks like it’s just a 21° aluminum magazine on the 30° model.
DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Framing Nailer Feature Set
- Two-speed motor to adjust for nail lengths and wood density
- Tool-free depth adjustment
- Easy nose access following jams
- Stall release lever to reset driver after a jam
- Tool-free mode selection
- Aluminum magazine
- Adjustable rafter hook
- Dry-fire lockout
DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Framing Nailer Specifications
- Model: DeWalt DCN21PLM1
- Magainze Angle: 21°
- Magazine Capacity: 49
- Nail Diameter: 0.113″ – 0.148″
- Nail Length: 2″ – 3-1/4″
- Firing Modes: Bump, Sequential
- Length: 13.25″
- Height: 16.5″
- Weight: 8.2 pounds (bare)
- Price: $369.99 with (1) 4.0 Ah battery, charger
- Warranty: 3 years