Milwaukee M12 FUEL Oscillating Multi-Tool 2526-20
Milwaukee Cuts Fast with Less Vibration
The Milwaukee Tool M12 Fuel Oscillating Multi-Tool (2526-20) bears a claim that it provides the best oscillating performance to-date. It also boasts faster cut speeds and less full-tool vibration. We look forward to examining these claims for ourselves when the tool hits stores in September 2020. With tool-free blade changes, this oscillating multi-tool offers convenience we don’t find on many 12V platforms.
- Model: Milwaukee 2526-20
- Brushless Motor
- 3.9° oscillation angle
- 10,000-20,000 OPM for fastest tip speed on 12V platform
- Vibration dampening technology minimizes vibration across the entire tool
- Up to 54 1″x2″ cuts in oak per charge (4.0Ah battery)
- Tool-free blade changes
- 12-setting dial
- LED worklight
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $149 (bare tool); $219 (kit)
The Milwaukee M12 Fuel Oscillating Multi-Tool features a brushless motor that generates between 10,000 and 20,000 oscillations per minute. With an aggressive 3.9° angle of oscillation, this tool quickly completes plunge and rip cuts, nail and grout removal, and bolt cutting easily. In fact, Milwaukee claims this is the fastest cutting 12V oscillating multi-tool on the market.
We liked seeing that Milwaukee also added vibration dampening technology to the 2526-20. Apparently, it reduces vibration to the whole tool—not just the handle. The Milwaukee 2426-20 multi-tool exhibited significant vibration, so they clearly recognized this as a chief area for improvement.
They also emphasized productivity with this new M12 oscillating multi-tool. With the kitted 4.0Ah battery, Milwaukee claims this tool makes up to fifty-four 1″ x 2″ cuts in oak. That translates into sixty-five 1″ x 2″ cuts in pine—all on a single charge.
Though it’s a feature not often seen on 12V platforms, the Milwaukee M12 Fuel Oscillating Multi-Tool manages to integrate a tool-free blade change system. You can use any of the Milwaukee Oscillating Multi-tool blades or any OIS-compatible blade.
For detail work and multiple material use, a 12-setting dial lets you tailor the tool’s speed to your particular application. You also get an integrated LED light to increase visibility when working in corners.
You can buy the Milwaukee 2526-20 M12 Fuel Oscillating Multi-Tool as a bare tool or as a kit (2526-21XC). The bare tool retails for $149. The kit, which includes the tool, a 4.0Ah battery, a charger, a wood blade, and a collection of sandpapers, can be purchased for $219. Both options come with Milwaukee’s 3-year warranty.
Milwaukee M12 Fuel Oscillating Tool Specs
- Model: Milwaukee 2526-20
- Oscillation Angle: 3.9 Degrees
- OPM Highest Setting: 20,000 OPM
- OPM Lowest Setting: 10,000 OPM
- Variable Speed Dial
- Tool-Free Blade Change
- Length: 11.2” (tool-only)
- Weight: 3.2 lbs w/battery
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Kit Includes: M12 Fuel Oscillating Multi-Tool, M12 RedLithium XC4.0 Battery, M12 Charger, (1) Universal Fit OPEN-LOK Oscillating Multi-Tool Wood Blade, (1) Multi-Tool Sanding Pad, (1) 60 Grit Sand Paper, (1) 80 Grit Sand Paper, (2) 120 Grit Sand Paper, (1) 240 Grit Sand Paper, and Lunchbox Carrying Bag.
- Available: September 2020
- Price: $149 (bare tool), $219 (kit)