Last Updated on July 11, 2023
Milwaukee’s original cordless finish nailers had some great successes while leaving room for improvement. There’s an updated Milwaukee M18 Fuel 15-gauge cordless finish nailer that addresses some of the biggest pain points professionals have with those original models.
- Narrower, more visible nose
- Better access in tight areas
- No firing delay
- Stands up on its battery
- Improved belt hook design and location
- Replaces the 2743
- Slightly heavier than the previous model
Milwaukee M18 fuel 15-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer Performance
One of the first things you’ll notice on the Milwaukee 2839 is how much longer and narrower the nose section is. As we fired our first test shots, it was obvious how much more visible it is and that it improves our accuracy over the previous model. It also makes the nailer able to get into tight corners much easier than before.
When it comes to the power and firing rate, were still able to easily sink nails into our oak test block using both nailers and they fired faster than we would ever work on a job. They both left clean nail holes as well.
Where we noticed a difference was in the sound of the 2839’s nitrogen air spring drive system. While it didn’t seem to make a big difference in power, there was less recoil, and we’ll take that any day.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 15-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer Design Highlights
- Tool-free depth adjustment thumbwheel with positive stops
- Sequential and bump fire modes with separate mode indicator lights
- Tool-free jam clearing by accessing the magazine through a latch system
- Additional tips store on magazine
- Improved reversible belt hook is more durable and placed in a better position
- LED light has a more direct angle to the nailer tip
- Only needs a battery for power—no gas cartridge required
- Compatible with all 15 guage DA style finish nails 1 1/4 inches to 2 1/2 inches
- Compatible with all Milwaukee M18 batteries (2.0Ah compact battery recommended)
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 15-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer Price
The updated Milwaukee 2839 replaces the 2843 without a huge increase in price. As a bare tool, the nailer is $329. You can also get it as a kit with a 2.0Ah battery and charger for $399.
As usual, Milwaukee backs this tool with a 5-year warranty.
The Bottom Line
The improvement to the visibility and access of Milwaukee’s M18 Fuel 15-gauge cordless finish nailer makes the upgrade worth it. Other tweaks to the design simply sweeten the deal. If you’re a Milwaukee fan that’s been sitting on the sidelines when it comes to their cordless finish nailers, it’s time to get in the game!
Discover more Milwaukee cordless nailers here.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel 15-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer Specifications
- Model: Milwaukee 2839
- Power Source: Milwaukee M18 battery
- Nail Length: 1 1/4 – 2 1/2 inches
- Nail Gauge: 15
- Angle: 34°
- Weight: 6.5 pounds bare
- Length: 12.75 inches
- Price: $329 bare, $399 kit
- Warranty: 5 years