New Klein HVAC Meters For Temperature and Carbon Monoxide
Klein Tools recently introduced two new Klein HVAC meters, the ET05 and ET110. The Klein ET05 is a digital pocket thermometer that measures air, surface, or liquid temperature. The Klein ET110 carbon monoxide meter measures temperature as well as detects and measures concentration levels of carbon monoxide. Our HVAC Pro and Electrician friends will probably want to check these two new Klein HVAC meters out, so let’s take a closer look.
“These two new HVAC products are our answer to professionals’ need for quick, easy-to-read measuring tools while on the job. The ET05 thermometer is our first pocket thermometer that can provide quick temperature readings to help monitor a part, system, or area. The ET110 carbon monoxide meter gives tradespeople a reliable meter to keep them safe from dangerous carbon monoxide buildup. Professionals will rely on these easy-to-use measurement tools that are sure to come in handy every day.”
– Sabrina Kalsi, Product Manager at Klein Tools
SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS
New Klein HVAC Meters Features
Often overlooked among the sea of drills, saws, and even clamp meters are tools for the folks who work on our air quality and keep us cool when it’s hot or hot when it’s cold – the HVAC Pros. There are only so many layers you can put on when you’re inside or only so many minutes you’ll spend sweating while sitting at your computer on an early Florida summer morning (true story) – before you realize how valuable this work is to your comfort. Fortunately, Klein has motivated us to showcase some tools of the trade with two new Klein HVAC meters: the ET05 and ET110.
Klein ET05 Digital Pocket Thermometer
First up is the Klein ET05 Digital Pocket Thermometer with a robust feature set for a wide range of temperatures measured in both scales with a backlit display, the ability to toggle between the data it collects, a stainless steel probe with a protective sheath that still allows ambient temperature measurement, and much more.
This most necessary tool of the trade looks like a compact but strong offering that will fit right in not just in an HVAC Pro’s tool bag for when an IR thermometer isn’t the best tool.
Klein ET05 Digital Pocket Thermometer Key Features
- Cat. No.: Klein ET05
- Measures Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature with a user-selectable toggle button
- Measures temperatures ranging from -40 to 482º F and -40 to 250º C with 0.1º resolution
- Includes an FDA GRAS-compliant 3” stainless steel probe for measuring temperature
- HOLD/MAX/MIN/AVG button easily toggles to capture maximum, minimum and average values
- Backlit LCD display for easy viewing in low light
- Auto-powers off after 15 minutes to conserve battery life
- Includes an open, protective sheath to provide stable ambient air measurement, which also doubles as a handle for extended reach
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip that provides easy storage, quick access and doubles as a battery compartment
Klein ET10 Carbon Monoxide Meter
Second is the Klein ET110 Carbon Monoxide Monitor, an important safety to determine the parts per million (PPM) of the colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can be downright deadly.
It’s so important to know that you’re breathing air with a safe level of CO that real estate contracts now include provisions about it just as they do with lead-based paints. Klein’s new meter has visual and audible alarms (which can be muted) and what looks to be an easy-to-use interface with backlit display for detecting any dangerous air.
ET110 Carbon Monoxide Meter Key Features
- Cat. No.: Klein ET110
- Measures concentration levels of CO and temperature
- Backlit display with CO measurements from 0 to 1,000 ppm for easy viewing in low light
- Includes audible and visual alarms for CO detection with a low-level alarm at 35 ppm and high-level alarm at 200 ppm. The meter also includes a mute button to silence the alarm
- Warning indicator light blinks green for clean and red for CO detection
- Provides user protection with short-term exposure limit (STEL) alarm
- Temperature button toggles between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- MAX/AVG button displays maximum, minimum and average values
- HOLD button holds the current measurement on the display for easy reading
- SET button assists with professional calibrations
- Auto-powers off after 20 minutes of no usage to conserve battery life
- Includes a carrying pouch and four AAA batteries