Milwaukee has a pretty deep lineup of Safety Glasses available, all of which are designed to keep you safe and productive on the jobsite. They fall under the Milwaukee PPE line of personal protection products which includes vests, Milwaukee lighting, safety gloves, banded earplugs, and more. Milwaukee safety glasses include models with anti-scratch lenses, fog-free lenses, magnifying lenses, and tinted lenses. We wanted to cover all of the Safety Glasses options Milwaukee currently offers.
And they have a LOT of options!
Milwaukee Anti-Scratch Safety Glasses
The Milwaukee Anti-Scratch Safety Glasses feature a durable hard coating to protect the lenses from, well, scratches. They also offer a flexible nose bridge for long-lasting comfort. On a side note—nose-pieces like to come off…these look built to last.
Anti-Scratch Magnifying Safety Glasses
If an anti-scratch lense appeals to you, but you’d also like your lenses to do a little work in the magnification department, you’re in for a real treat.
Milwaukee has glasses that feature their hard coating for lens protection, but with magnification areas. They have options from +1.00 and +3.00 diopters in .5 increments. That should make those plans easier to read without having to swap your safety glasses for a pair of readers. These glasses also feature that flexible, comfortable nose bridge.
Fog-Free Safety Glasses
While these Milwaukee Safety Glasses still resist some scratching, the main emphasis is on the fog-free-ness of the lenses. These lenses keep your vision clear in any condition, and they maintain those flexible arms that don’t bother your ears—even when worn all day. Several of us have worn these for hours on end, and we feel they’re as comfortable as any safety glasses (or sunglasses) we’ve worn.
You can also take your pick of lenses, including Clear, Yellow, Gray, and Tinted. The tinted are more traditional sunglasses while the Gray offer a bit of tint while allowing for visibility indoors when you tend to be in both environments.
Performance Safety Glasses
Originally launched in 2019, Milwaukee Safety Glasses saw expanded into their Performance design. What that means is that, rather than simply resisting scratches and fog, the Milwaukee Safety Glasses line saw some impact protection as well. The Milwaukee Performance Safety Glasses feature military-grade impact protection above the Z87.1+ ANSI rating. This protects your eyes from projectiles impacting your lenses at up to 725 feet per second.
They also come Arc Tested following the ASTM F2621 standard. That rates them against ignition, melting, dripping, or after flame with exposure up to 20 cal/cm^2 (clear) or 25 cal/cm^2 (tinted). These won’t defend your whole body against an arc flash event, but your eyes should be well-protected.
Milwaukee Gasketed Glasses
For a completely fog-free experience, check out the Performance line that features a removable gasket. We like that the gasket removes easily and they do a great job protecting your eyes against debris incursion from multiple angles. We use these quite a bit in our shop’s testing lab.
How to Choose
So with all these glasses to choose from, how do you decide? That’s the million-dollar question. We start with the big decisions—like whether or not to get a gasket. Then we figure whether we want to take advantage of any features like magnification for reading. After that, it’s a matter of the Performance line—which features that full-surround frame—or the regular line. We actually like both, but the non_performance glasses certainly deliver a more casual look. They just don’t take impacts as well and don’t come Arc Tested following the ASTM F2621 standard.
Milwaukee Safety Glasses Lineup
By the numbers, Milwaukee has around 18 different models to choose from. Regardless of your preferences, you should be able to find a pair to suit your style and needs.
- 48-73-2010 – Safety Glasses – Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$7.97
- 48-73-2012 – Safety Glasses – Clear Fog-Free Lenses—$14.97
- 48-73-2015 – Safety Glasses – Tinted Anti-Scratch Lenses—$7.97
- 48-73-2017 – Safety Glasses – Tinted Fog-Free Lenses—$14.97
- 48-73-2020 – Performance Safety Glasses – Clear Fog-Free Lenses—$19.97
- 48-73-2025 – Performance Safety Glasses – Tinted Fog-Free Lenses—$19.97
- 48-73-2040 – Performance Safety Glasses w/Gasket – Clear Fog-Free Lenses—$29.97
- 48-73-2045 – Performance Safety Glasses w/Gasket – Tinted Fog-Free Lenses—$39.97
- 48-73-2100 – Safety Glasses – Yellow Anti-Scratch Lenses—$7.97
- 48-73-2102 – Safety Glasses – Yellow Fog-Free Lenses—$14.97
- 48-73-2105 – Safety Glasses – Gray Anti-Scratch Lenses—$7.97
- 48-73-2107 – Safety Glasses – Gray Fog-Free Lenses—$14.97
- 48-73-2120 – Performance Safety Glasses – Yellow Fog-Free Lenses—$19.97
- 48-73-2125 – Performance Safety Glasses – Gray Fog-Free Lenses—$19.97
- 48-73-2200 – Safety Glasses – +1.0 Magnified Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$10.97
- 48-73-2202 – Safety Glasses – +1.5 Magnified Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$10.97
- 48-73-2204 – Safety Glasses – +2.0 Magnified Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$10.97
- 48-73-2206 – Safety Glasses – +2.5 Magnified Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$10.97
- 48-73-2208 – Safety Glasses – +3.0 Magnified Clear Anti-Scratch Lenses—$10.97
Do you think Milwaukee will come out with fog-free, scratch resistant, with reader/magnifiers?