Sonic S9 Tool Box: 8 Drawers of Pro-Level Organization
We’re unabashed fans of Sonic Tools on multiple levels. They do things a little differently and it’s really good for end users. You’ll find the Sonic Tools name around the Le Mans racing circuit. In fact, Shop Tool Reviews Director, Tim Johnson, has his eyes on their new Corvette Racing tool box. But I digress – the subject of this article is to look more closely at the Sonic S9 Tool Box.
If you’re already familiar with Sonic Tools, you know they cater to the automotive industry with their sights set on the same guys that the tool trucks serve. They hope to earn your business with an innovative design approach, quality products, and outstanding service.
What’s so innovative?
What we love about the tool kits we have in our Sonic S9 Tool Box (and our S10 for that matter) are the foam inserts. Every tool has its place not just in a drawer, but in a specific, secure location inside it. A quick glance tells you exactly where to put each tool back or which one your son borrowed and hasn’t returned.
You can purchase tool kits that fit perfectly in any drawer and are already organized. Just unwrap the package and slide it in the drawer you want.
I Thought We Were Talking About the Sonic S9 Tool Box
- 8 Drawers: Pretty much explains itself.
- 7 Shallow Drawers: Shallow drawers are where most Pros prefer to keep hand tools. They don’t get lost in a sea of chaos.
- 1 Deep Drawer: If you need to store power tools or accessories that have their own containers, the deep drawer is where you go.
- Drawer Blocking System: Only one drawer can open at a time, keeping the S9 balanced to avoid tipping over.
- Auto Return Ball Bearing Slides: Soft-close, auto return slides allow the fully retractable drawers to gently close back up. There’s no more cringing every time a drawer slaps shut.
- Centralized Safety Lock: Professional tools are a target of thieves everywhere. A lock keeps the tools secure from the other guys in the shop or your neighbor who just pops over to “borrow” something. It won’t prevent a couple of guys from taking the whole setup, but it helps.
- Stainless Steel Top: Wood tops are great for the garage, but mechanics love the look and durability of a stainless steel top.
- Extra Large Wheels: 4.9 in. casters help make moving your Sonic S9 around the shop smoother than smaller, light-duty versions.
- External Shop Towel Holder: You need shop towels and the S9 gives you a place to hang them within easy reach of your tools.
- External Storage Bin: Perfect for aerosol cans or spray bottles. You know, like the cleaner you use on your tools and tool box before putting everything away for the night.
Tell Me More…
The guys over at Shop Tool Reviews have been using the Sonic S9 for several months and have a detailed review of what you can expect. Check it out by clicking below!
Sonic S9 8-Drawer Tool Box Specifications
- Overall Weight: 185 LBS.
- Load Capacity: 881 LBS.
- Drawer Capacity: 88 LBS.
- Dimensions: 33.8 x 20.9 x 40.4 in.
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Price: $1500 empty, $2800 – $4600 with various tool kits