Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac Backpack Tool Bag Review
We’ve checked out several Veto Pro Pac products in the past and found their tool bags to be incredibly rugged and durable. We’ve already looked at the Veto Pro Pac MC and found it to be exceptional, making us curious about any new product to cross the manufacturing line. They also do a great job of providing convenient and well thought-out storage areas for tools. One thing they are not is lightweight. If you want that, check out the Milwaukee jobsite backpack or the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer backpack which come in at much less heft. So when Veto Pro Pac announced its new Tech Pac tool backpack, we reached for the scale. The Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac Backpack Tool Bag is a full 9 pounds empty—not bad for the level of quality you get with this über-durable backpack. One thing we couldn’t help but note was that the Tech Pack backpack uses a waterproof base that is similar to their other bags as well as the hard center panel and the same level of construction their other bags have been known for.
Weight issues aside, one thing you can’t deny is that carrying your tools on two shoulders is going to be better than one—for that fact alone, the Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac Backpack Tool Bag is going to be a hot item for many tradesmen. The design seems well-suited for those who need to climb or otherwise work in elevated areas. The backpack seems like a safer way to transport tools. It also makes a lot of sense in cases where you need to carry your tools around in locations where the truck isn’t readily accessible. If you’re going to haul a bunch of tools on the job site, I think a double-shouldered approach is best.
Veto also built this pack to be rugged right where the weight-bearing occurs. To facilitate this they utilized a really unique metal clasp system that detaches easily for access to the bag contents, but secures the shoulder straps to the bag in a way that is confidence-inspiring (as opposed to securing via fabric or material anchors).
The Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac Backpack Tool Bag features Veto Pro Pac’s patented center panel, heavy duty construction and stabilizing injection molded waterproof base that keeps tools dry, even in the nastiest of conditions. The bag has 56 pockets between the inside and outside. The varying sizes look excellent for storing and transporting anything from drivers and meters, to bulkier drills, cords and hoses. The backpack also features a folding handle that looks like a huge improvement over a fixed handle which would otherwise bulk up the top of the bag when worn on the shoulders.
Veto Pro Pac designed the backpack to stand upright, regardless of whether one or both sides of the bag are open. This is facilitated by the weight of the base as well as the center panel which anchors the tool pouches to the bag’s center of gravity. Like several of Veto’s other products, the Tec Pac Backpack includes D-rings, bit extension and memory stick pockets, a stainless steel clip for your tape measure and even an 8” electrical tape strap.
For comfort, Veto lined the back of the pack with a thermo-formed EVA material for cushioning. The shoulder straps are also padded and have multiple adjustment points. The Tech Pac is 21.5 inches tall, 14 inches wide, and just under 10 inches deep. If you’re in the market for a new tool bag, you might want to check this out. It’s priced right around $230 and should hit the shelves this month.
- Width: 9.875”
- Length: 14.25”
- Height: 21.5” (18.125″ with Handle Folded Down)
- Weight (empty): 9 lbs.
MAXIMIZED TOOL STORAGE CAPACITY:
- Vertical Tool Pockets: 56 interior and exterior tool pockets of various sizes
- 2 Storage Bays- 4 Storage Platforms
- Manifold Gauge and Hose Storage Pocket
- D-Rings: 4 large and 5 small
- Exterior Electrical Tape Loop: 8” Fabric with Clip Closure
- Outside Mounted Stainless Steel Tape Clip Holder
- Cable and Accessory Pockets
RUGGED MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION:
- Weatherproof Base: 3mm Injection Molded Polypropylene
- Weatherproof Body Fabric: 1200-950 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon
- Weatherproof Tool Pocket Fabric: 1800 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon
- Quick Release Metal Hasp: Allows Easy Access to Rear Storage Bay and Creates Positive Shoulder
- Strap Load Connection
- Internally Stored Aluminum Hook to Hang Bag
- Over-Molded Ergonomic Grip
- Padded EVA Thermoformed, Ergonomic Back Padding
- Zippers: Double Stitched, Heavy Duty Plastic Coil Zippers with Oversized Zipper Tabs
- D-Rings: Powder Coated Steel
- Rivets: Marine Grade Rivets
- Stitching: Industrial Strength Double Nylon Stitching
- Adjustable Padded Shoulder Straps
- Tablet/All-Purpose Zippered Pocket
- Warranty: 5 Years (see Veto warranty terms and conditions)