The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Track Saw We’ve All Been Waiting For Is A Reality!
There have been a handful of highly-requested Milwaukee tools over the past several years. The M18 Fuel lawn mower fulfilled one big one and now the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Plunge Cut Track Saw is a reality!
Editor’s Note: We’re adding more information as it becomes available. Check back for updates!
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Plunge Cut Track Saw Performance
Like most track saws, Milwaukee sticks with a 6 1/2-inch blade diameter. Its brushless motor pairs with a High Output battery and kicks the blade up to 5600 RPM to help you achieve clean cuts, even with high tooth count blades and hardwoods. According to Milwaukee, you can even cut 2-inch oak or walnut without bogging the blade down.
One performance feature you might not have expected is a variable speed dial. With it, you can bring the blade speed all the way to 2500 RPM to match the material you’re cutting.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Plunge Cut Track Saw Design
Weight isn’t a huge concern for track saws. Sure, you have to carry them to where you’re cutting, but a bit of weight actually helps as you glide through your cut. Without a battery, the Milwaukee 2831 weighs 9.8 pounds. With the recommended 6.0Ah High Output battery, you’re looking at 12.1 pounds
Milwaukee includes a dust bag that connects to the port on the back of the blade guard for when you don’t have access to a vacuum. Of course, it also connects to Milwaukee’s wet/dry vacs and others, giving you over 90% dust collection that keeps your workspace cleaner and leaves less dust in the air for you to breathe in.
- Bevels from -1° to 48°
- Cuts up to 2 1/4 inches deep
- Compatible with all Milwaukee M18 batteries (High Output recommended)
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Plunge Cut Track Saw Price
The Milwaukee 2831-21 kit will cost $599 once it hits retailers in October 2022. It includes the saw, a 6.0Ah High Output battery, multi-voltage charger, and Packout XL toolbox. It will also be available as a bare tool. Pricing is TBA on that configuration. Either way, you get Milwaukee’s standard 5-year warranty.
Guide rails are sold separately.
- Model: Milwaukee 2831
- Power Source: Milwaukee M18 battery (High Output recommended)
- Blade Diameter: 6 1/2 inches
- No-Load Speed: 2500 – 5600 RPM
- Max Cutting Depth: 2 1/4 inches
- Weight: 9.8 pounds bare
Milwaukee Track Saw Guide Rails
It’s tough to take advantage of a track saw’s capabilities without guide rails, and Milwaukee has a full suite to supplement the 2831. Here’s what you can expect:
- 48-08-0570: 31-Inch Guide Rail
- 48-08-0571: 55-Inch Guide Rail
- 48-08-0572: 106-Inch Guide Rail
- 48-08-0573: Guide Rail Clamps
- 48-08-0574: Guide Rail Connector
- 48-08-0575: Anti-Splinter Strip
- 48-08-0576: Guide Rail Bag (Only fits the 31-inch and 55-inch rails)
- 48-08-0577: Non-Slip Strip
Milwaukee Track Saw Blades
In addition to its other premium circular saw blades, Milwaukee also has a line of track saw-specific 6 1/2-inch blades to choose from. Here are your options:
- 48-40-0624: 6-1/2-Inch 24T General Purpose Track Saw Blade
- 48-40-0625: 6-1/2-Inch 40T Finish Track Saw Blade
- 48-40-0627: 6-1/2-Inch 48T Fine Finish Track Saw Blade
- 48-40-0670: 6-1/2-Inch 4T Fiber Cement Track Saw Blade
- 48-40-0643: 6-1/2-Inch 52T Laminate Track Saw Blade