We like it when our tools get lighter and easier to use. Bosch has set out to do this with the compact Bosch PS82 12V Brushless 3/8-inch Impact Wrench. Weighing 2.2 pounds with a 2.0 Ah battery and delivering a torque rating of 85 foot pounds (1,020 inch pounds), it’s a good bet for overhead applications, tight spaces, and hard angles.
The Bosch PS82 12V Brushless 3/8-inch Impact Wrench has a square drive anvil and a 5.5-inch head for most wood- and metal-fastening tasks. The Bosch EC brushless motor and all-metal gearbox have no scheduled maintenance. Additionally, the wrench features Bosch’s Durashield housing. Other notable features include an LED light ring, battery gauge indicator, and two speed settings.
“For trade pros looking for a compact impact wrench that delivers power and go-anywhere convenience, the Bosch PS82 has the answer. This is a handy tool with the power to drive commercial-grade fasteners. The lightweight design won’t fatigue the user’s arm or wrist – which is important then the job requires working in tight spaces.”
– Tim Truesdale, Product Manager, Cordless, Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
The Bosch PS82 is available as a bare tool or kit. The Bosch PS82-02 Kit includes a 12V Max EC Brushless 3/8 In. Impact Wrench, (2) 12V Max 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Batteries, a 12V Max Charger, a Belt Clip, and a Carrying Bag.
People will always question the need for a 12V impact wrench even though most Pros now carry a 12V drill and impact driver for the light weight and compact design. It’s no different with Bosch’s PS82. If you find that you do a lot of fastening with sockets, having a wrench as part of your 12V kit eliminates the need for nut drivers or a socket adapter.
Bosch does a nice job – as they have with their entire 12V brushless driver lineup – at keeping the tool compact and light. They’re near the top in that category, though you can find models out there with more torque is you really need it. 85 foot pounds isn’t going to turn a lot of heads, but for construction crews, it will turn a lot of bolts.
A couple of standout features start with the LED light ring around the square drive. This is a positioning that more brands are moving to and we can start to expect. It eliminates shadows and puts the light source closer to what you’re working on. Bosch’s brushless motor is also worth mentioning. We got outstanding run time from it in our 12V drill shootout and the compact battery still packs 21.6 watt hours.
Bosch PS82 12V Brushless 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench Key Features
- Compact and light – just a 5.5 In. head-length and only 1.6 lbs.
- EC Brushless motor – allows for greater motor efficiency
- Effective performance – completes 85 percent of most fastening applications
- Powerful wrench – delivers a max torque of 85 Ft.-Lbs.
- Fast driving – no-load rpm ratings of 0-1,200 and 0-2,600
- Optimized impact system – no-load impact per minute ratings of 0-2,700 and 0-3,100
- Performance control system – provides two speed settings
- Three LED lights – offers improved illumination in dark work spaces
- Rugged belt clip – for quick and easy storage
- Model: Bosch PS82
- Power Source: Bosch 12V battery pack
- N0 Load Speeds: 0-1,200/0-2,600 RPM
- Impact Rate: 0-2,700/0-3,100 BPM
- Maximum Torque: 85 foot pounds (1,020 inch pounds)
- Length: 5.4″
- Weight (with battery): 2.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 1-year limited
- Price: $149 (bare), $199 (kit)