Ryobi Cordless Belt Sander Video Review
We spent some time getting to know the Ryobi Cordless Belt Sander – a brushless model on their popular One+ 18V lineup that came out along with a brushless belt sander from Ridgid. The two share some similarities but also have some key differences.
The sander uses a commonly available 3 x 18 belt does a nice job of removing material quickly. But is it the kind of tool that will make the jump from DIY to entry level Pro?
Probably not. The lack of a variable speed dial is the big feature that’s missing so you’re stuck at 850 FPS no matter what you’re working on. Still, for the maintenance and repair crew that isn’t looking for a perfect carpenter finish, it’s handy. However, for $20 more, you can jump up to the Ridgid that has a better fit and finish – along with variable speeds.
Check out our video review for more details on how this sander performs and whether it’s a good fit for the kind of work you do.
Ryobi Cordless Belt Sander Key Features
- Brushless motor provides corded performance with cordless convenience
- Pommel handle adjusts to five different positions for added versatility and comfort
- Remove up to 325 grams of material per charge
- Lock-on switch to minimize user fatigue
- Tool-free belt tracking maximizes user control and convenience
- Front-mouthed motor for even weight distribution
- GRIPZONE overmold with micro-texture for optimum grip and user comfort
Ryobi Cordless Belt Sander Specifications
- Model: Ryobi P450
- Battery: 18 V
- Belt: 3 x 18″
- Belt Speed: up to 850 FPM
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Switch Type: Standard trigger switch
- Includes: Dust bag, 80-grit sandpaper belt, operator’s manual
- Warranty: 3 years limited
- Price: $145.46