Ridgid R4021 7″ Tile Saw Due in October
Ridgid Tools recently announced the release of a new product in their line of tiling tools, the Ridgid R4021 7″ Tile Saw. Intended to be an upgrade on the R4020 model, the new Ridgid R4021 offers more functionality to the task of cutting tile. The new 7″ table top wet tile saw should make its way to retailers in October 2017.
How Did Ridgid Upgrade The R4020?
Ridgid’s new table top wet tile saw features an anti-splash system to help reduce splash-back, keeping your workspace dry. It also includes a clear splash hood. The user can cut tile with a clear view of the blade and the cutline.
The R4021 has the capability to make 22.5° and 45° bevel cuts via the tilting bevel table. This upgraded model also features some improvements to the table and fencing systems. The detachable table support can extend to allow for rip cuts up to 24″.
Like the R4020, this model also features Ridgid’s TrueLock T-Square design. A single action, self-aligned lever locks down for fast, accurate, and repeatable square cuts. But unlike the R4020, this upgraded model features a better sliding fence rail. The 16″ extruded aluminum fence rail adjusts and locks down for maximum support on larger tile. It also has a greater surface area than the previous model.
The Ridgid R4021 is an upgrade to the R4020, with a few seemingly minor adjustments that will make the job easier. The R4021 gives you another 6″ worth of rip cutting capability through an extendable table support, which helps. And, the new model has an extended fence rail. The motors on both models have identical specs, but the newer R4021 does come in a slightly smaller and more attractive package.
The main difference between the two models comes down to their respective price points. The R4020 runs about $149 for the bare tool, while the newer R4021 retails for around $189. Of course, the newer model is an upgrade, and the new features are helpful. So you’ll have to decide if you need the additional capacity. We’ll be getting this saw in for review in soon (hopefully), so we’ll let you know if we see any performance differences.
Ridgid R4021 7-Inch Tile Saw Features
- Anti-splash system – keeps your work area dry by reducing splash output
- Detachable table support – rip cut up to 24 in. with the extended table support piece
- TrueLock rugged T-square design – single-action, self-aligning lever lock for fast, accurate and repeatable square cuts
- Premium sliding fence rail – 16 in. extruded aluminum rail adjusts and locks securely for maximum support on large tile
- Roll cage design – for durability on the jobsite
- Clear splash hood – provides clear view of blade and cut-line for greater confidence in alignment
- Greater fence surface area – cut larger tile with a greater surface area than the previous model R4020
- Tilting bevel table – adjusts for precise 22.5° and 45° bevel cuts
- Die-cast aluminum miter guide – heavy duty guide slides smoothly in tracks along rail for diagonal cuts from 0° to 45° left and right
- On board storage – conveniently store blade wrenches to save time and frustration
- Premium diamond blade – for fast and smooth cuts with extended life
- Integrated carrying handle – allows for easy transporting to the job sites
Ridgid R4021 Specs
- Blade size (in.): 7
- Blade thickness (in.): .047
- Saw Blade Material: Diamond
- Depth (in.): 19.75 in
- Height (in.): 10.5 in
- Width (in.): 23 in
- Table Length (in.): 21
- Table Width (in.): 15
- Motor: 120V, 6.5 A
- Blade Material: Steel
- Cuts Through: Ceramic, Glass, Pavers, Porcelain, Stone
- Deck Material: Aluminum
- No Load Speed (rpm): 3450
- Maximum tile cut size diagonal (in.): 12
- Maximum tile cut size rip (in.): 24
- Weight (lb.): 27 lb
- Warranty: 3 Year
- MSRP: $189