Cub Cadet Releases First Semi-Autonomous Mowers
Cub Cadet announced the impending release of their first line of semi-autonomous mowers, the Pro Series Pro Z 960 S and 972 S SurePath Zero Turn Mowers. SurePath uses GPS technology and an exclusive four-wheel steering system to deliver the most efficient cut possible. According to Cub Cadet, these mowers will maximize your efficiency and productivity while minimizing the effort you have to put into your work.
What is Cub Cadet Saying About the SurePath Mower?
SurePath Auto Steer technology is the ultimate efficiency tool. Our field research shows it significantly reduces overlap and increases productivity by more than 0.5 acres per hour compared to traditional lap-bar steering controls. Landscapers can look forward to time savings to shorten their day, cover more ground or take on other tasks.
Josh Sooy, Director, Professional Business Segment, Cub Cadet
What’s the Big Deal?
Cub Cadet SurePath mowers use high-precision GPS technology to perform straight cutting lines with an automatic zero turn at the end of each pass. After setting a preliminary cut line, these mowers will auto steer themselves, reducing overlap and cutting tight stripes. For example, a typical mower operator introduces as much as 11-inches or more of overlap per stripe. With SurePath, that gets reduced down to 3.75-inches!
The company claims that this helps you mow a commercial property in less time while producing a professional-quality cut. Using this system, the estimate you’ll average about 7.5-inches of additional coverage per stripe cut. That’s a potential gain of as much as a half-acre per hour!
According to the brand, this sort of help comes at a challenging time for landscapers. Post-pandemic labor shortages, as well as a lack of skilled labor, have presented obstacles to productivity and quality results. Because of the semi-autonomous nature of the Auto Steer technology, every single operator has the capacity to deliver consistent quality cuts and efficient operation. Cub Cadet says that the SurePath Zero-Turn Mowers lower the learning curve, reducing the time it takes to train new landscapers.
The Pro Series Z 960 S and 972 S SurePath mowers both sport 16cc transmissions, 26-inch rear tires, and a high-performance FX1000v Kawasaki engine.
- Triple-plated fabricated deck
- Air-ride seat
Pricing & Availability
Cub Cadet tells us that you can expect the SurePath Pro Z 960 S and 972 S Mowers to hit select markets beginning in the spring of 2022. Both models will come with a 3-year, no-hour-limit warranty or a 5-year/1,750-hour limited deck warranty. The 60″ deck model retails for $23,999, while the 72″ model retails for $24,999.
Cub Cadet SurePath Zero Turn Mower Specs
- Model: Cub Cadet Pro Series 960 S; 972 S SurePath
- Engine: Kawasaki FX Series
- Engine Displacement: 999cc
- Horsepower: 35HP
- Fuel Tank Capacity: Dual 7.45 gal.
- Cylinders: Twin
- Engine Start: Ignition Key
- Engine Oil Capacity: 2.0 qt.
- Lubrication: Fully pressurized
- Charging System: 15-amp regulated
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Transmission: Parker HTG 16cc pump/310cc wheel motor
- Forawrd Speed: 14 mph
- Reverse Speed: 6 mph
- Cutting Deck: 60 in.; 72 in.
- Deck Material: Fabricated 7ga. steel shell
- Deck Engagement: Warner PTO clutch (220 ft-lb) with Soft Start
- Spindle Construction: 8 in. sealed cast aluminum housing
- Blades: 3 high-lift Marbain blades/18,500 fpm
- Cutting Height Range: 1 in. to 5 in. in 1/4 in. increments
- Anti-Scalping: 2 front deck gauge wheels
- Deck Positions: Foot pedal with spring assist 16 positions
- Warranty: 3-year/no hour limit commercial warranty
- Deck Shell Warranty: 5 year/1,750 hour limited deck construction warranty
- Price: $23,999; $24,999