Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Tough Box Cooler
Klein Tools recently introduced the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Tough Box Cooler that not only keeps its 18-can capacity compartment cool up to 30 hours but also doubles as a place to sit. The cooler features a lock hasp, shoulder strap, stainless steel hinges, 180º open lid with a dry compartment, and a 300-pound weight capacity as a seat.
“The new Tradesman Pro Tough Box Cooler is the most durable and reliable cooler on the market. We know electricians work on their feet all day, so we designed the dual-purpose cooler as a place where electricians can sit during their lunch break and enjoy cold drinks and other food items all day long. The multi-compartment cooler also includes a lock hasp to keep all their items safe.”
– Linda Rolfe, senior product manager at Klein Tools
SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS
The lowly cooler has really seen a rebirth as a premium item in recent years, with the high-end models having price points in the hundreds of dollars…as in, mid-hundreds of dollars. Those prices for coolers might seem remarkable until you understand their remarkable performance. You can put your drink of choice on ice and come back in 5 years for a cold one. Well, almost. In addition to the performance, they’re being built tougher. Klein Tools has sensed a need in the market for a tough, higher-end cooler and responded with the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Tough Box Cooler, which looks like it could be right at home on the jobsite, on the boat, or in the woods.
Although it won’t match the performance of today’s gold standard coolers, keeping a 17-quart capacity cold with its polyurethane foam insulation for 30 hours isn’t too shabby. Including a dry compartment for whatever – napkins, utensils, wallet, keys, your hacky sack – is a nice touch. We like the stylish look of the tough shell, and it’s obviously sturdy with a 300-pound weight capacity. The stainless steel components are perfect for proximity to salt water although the locking hasp that accommodates a #1 Master Lock is a bit curious – unless you’re worried someone will steal your lunch but not your whole cooler. Hey, having an option is just fine with us.
In short, this is a nice addition to the Klein Tools line that focuses more on the nutritional needs of tradesmen. You don’t always have the time or desire to go out for lunch when you’re on the job, so having a place to keep food and drinks cold and a place to sit and rest for a few is handy. As long as you’re buying your tools from Klein Tools, why not offer an item you’ll need in the short spaces when you’re not using them?
Now that’s pretty cool.
- Keeps cool up to 30 hours
- Main compartment has a 17 quart (16.1 L), 18 can capacity
- Industrial exterior body design supports seating capacity of up to 300 pounds (136.1 kg)
- No rust, stainless steel hinged lid is recessed to accommodate 1 L water bottles and stays open at 90˚ to allow uninterrupted access
- Lid opens a full 180˚ to access interior compartment inside the lid to hold items like medicine, keys, napkins, utensils, etc.
- Shoulder strap holds lid in place while carrying and easily converts to a handle
- Lock hasp fits #1 Master Lock or equivalent (not included)
- Patent Pending Design
Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Tough Box Cooler Specifications
- Application: Lunch, Food Cooler
- Capacity: 17 qt. (16.1 L)
- Cold Temperature Range: Up to 41°F ( 5°C) for 30 Hours
- Color: Gray with Orange
- Depth: 12 inches (304.8 mm)
- Handle: 2 inches (50.8 mm) Wide Polyester Webbing
- Height: 12 inches (304.8 mm)
- Insulation: Polyurethane Foam
- Size: 17 qt. (16.1 L) Main Compartment
- Special Features: Interior Lid Compartment 6-1/2 x 4 x 1 inch (165.1 x 101.6 x 25.4 mm)
- Sub Brand: Tradesman Pro
- Weight: 6.75 inches (3.08 kg)
- Width: 16-13/64 inches (411.6 mm)