Makita Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum XCV11
There’s a new Makita cordless wet/dry vacuum that’s coming on the scene as part of their 18V LXT lineup. Here’s the skinny:
- Model: XCV11T (kit with two 5.0 Ah batteries), XCV11Z (bare tool)
- 57 CFM, 27″ water lift
- 2-gallon capacity
- Brushless motor
- HEPA certified
- Up to 60 minutes runtime with 5.0 Ah battery
- Shoulder strap available separately
- Price: TBA
Makita Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum at a Glance
The Makita XCV11 has a 2-gallon capacity and weighs in at 10.1 pounds with a 5.0 Ah battery. It has a top carry handle and an optional carry strap. The combination of size, weight, and carry options makes it highly portable.
On the front, you’ll find the power dial – low speed is on the left, off in the center, and high on the right. There’s also a charge status indicator next to it.
On high, expect to get as much as 57 CFM and 27 inches of water lift to go along with up to 60 minutes of runtime using a 5.0 Ah battery. Makita doesn’t tell us what they’ve specced the low mode to run.
The hour-long runtime is a pretty big deal for a 90-watt battery pack. Most cordless vacuums we work with are only good for 20 – 30 minutes.
Powering this Makita cordless wet/dry vac is a BL brushless motor, extending the runtime beyond what we’d see from a brushed model.
Other Noteworthy Features
- Quick conversion from vacuum to blower
- Onboard hose storage
- Battery protected inside a compartment
- Quick release latch system
- Single port Rapid Optimum Charger fully charges a 5.0 Ah battery in 45 minutes
Makita Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum Specifications
- Model: Makita XCV11T/Z
- Power Source: Makita 18V LXT battery
- Airflow: 57 CFM
- Water Lift: 27 inches
- Noise Rating: 76 bD(A)
- Weight: 10.1 pounds with 5.0 Ah battery
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: TBA