Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac Backpack
Veto Pro Pac recently partnered with TrueTimber to incorporate their Kanati Pattern into the Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac line of tool bags. The end result is an updated camo version of the Tech Pac. The Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac Backpack continues in the Veto Pro Pac tradition of rugged utility, but with new and updated features specific for HVAC technicians. Veto Pro Pac designed these new camo bags to enable technicians to comfortably transport a variety of tools for long distances, or where servicing equipment means climbing an extension or cage ladder. In addition to the new camo design aesthetic, the Tech Pac Camo also features a patented center panel, heavy-duty construction, and a stabilizing, injection-molded, waterproof base to keep tools dry.
From Veto Pro Pac
“For technicians servicing equipment in challenging conditions such as on roofs or in expansive industrial buildings, you have to carry your tools safely and comfortably. In developing the original version of this product, I spent weeks with HVAC technicians on the job observing their challenges from having to comply with OSHA standards of three points of contact on ladders, hauling tools up with a rope, to the need for a backpack that would fit through cages and stand up when being used, to a backpack that is comfortable and won’t get soaked when placed down in wet or muddy conditions.
This product is the result of those observations and the resolution to problems that technicians face in the field during their daily routines. When I had the chance to develop the Tech Pac Camo, I incorporated new features, based on feedback from our customers that improve the performance of the bag and increase the technician’s productivity.”
-Roger Brouard, founder of Veto Pro Pac and the designer of the Tech Pac Camo
This iteration of the Veto Pro Pac Tech Pac Backpack also has some new features that are not currently included in the original design. The Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac features taller vertical pockets on the front panel for additional storage options. Light gray pockets improve the overall visibility. Veto Pro Pac has also redesigned the measuring tape clip holder. A compact, stainless steel clip holds a measuring tape conveniently to the side of the bag for easy access. It also features metal strap buckles, a magnetic screw catcher on the front mesh pocket, and interlocking YKK zippers for security and travel.
Furthermore, the Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac offers more than 50 pockets on the inside and outside of the bag. This bag has plenty of room to hold hand tools, meters, parts boxes, cordless drills and impact drivers, and even bulkier items such as manifold gauges and hoses. The Camo Tech Pac also features a quick release handle that grants the user quick and easy access to the tool bay compartment.
Sturdy and Safe
The Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac Backpack features the company’s center panel design, which offers dual bays with two tool storage platforms in each bay. Having the main tool and meter storage options located on both sides of the center panel adds stability to the bag. The backpack is also designed to stay upright. A thermo-formed EVA padded back panel adds more structural stability. In addition to a padded back, this backpack also has a padded, load-displacing shoulder strap system with multiple adjustment strap points to help cushion the load. An ergonomic TPV rubber handle helps the user pick the whole pack up.
Protoolreviews.com is no stranger to the Veto Pro Pac product line, which generally gets really high marks in the “durability” and “innovation” categories. The Veto Pro Pac tool bags tend to be professional grade, rugged storage systems that do a great job of keeping the tools you need organized and within reach. This backpack is tailor-made for those folks in the HVAC field, with tons of storage and organization options. Little improvements, like the locking zippers and the taller vertical pockets, help keep your tools safe and secure.
All that durability and functionality comes at a cost, though. In this case, $299. While Pros new to Veto Pro Pac might balk at the price, those that use them swear by the quality. Although we haven’t gotten our hands on this particular model yet, it looks like it will fit into the Veto Pro Pac reputation that has been built over the years, and that’s a good thing.
Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac Features
- Adjustable Padded Shoulder Straps
- YKK Locking Zippers
- Magnetic Screw Catcher
- Tablet/All-Purpose Zippered Pocket
- Warranty: 5 Years (see Veto warranty terms and conditions)
Veto Pro Pac Camo Tech Pac Specs
- Width: 9.875”
- Length: 14.25”
- Height: 21.5” (18.125″ with Handle Folded Down)
- Weight (empty): 9 lbs.
MAXIMIZED TOOL STORAGE CAPACITY:
- Vertical Tool Pockets: 56 interior and exterior tool pockets of various sizes
- 2 Storage Bays- 4 Storage Platforms
- Manifold Gauge and Hose Storage Pocket
- D-Rings: 4 large and 5 small
- Outside Mounted Stainless Steel Tape Clip Holder
- Cable and Accessory Pockets
RUGGED MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION:
- Load Tested: Pulled To Destruction At 830 Pounds (Handle failed); Hook failed at 200 Pounds
- Weatherproof Base: 3mm Injection Molded Polypropylene
- Weatherproof Body Fabric: 950 and 1250 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon
- Weatherproof Light Gray Tool Pocket Fabric: 1800 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon- Light Gray For Better Visibilty
- Quick Release Metal Hasp: Allows Easy Access to Rear Storage Bay and Creates Positive Shoulder
- Strap Load Connection
- Internally Stored Aluminum Hook to Hang Bag
- Over-Molded Ergonomic Grip
- Padded EVA Thermoformed, Ergonomic Back Padding
- Zippers: Double Stitched, Heavy Duty Plastic Coil Zippers with Oversized Zipper Tabs
- Metal Shoulder Strap Sliding Buckles
- D-Rings: Powder Coated Steel
- Rivets: Marine Grade Rivets
- Stitching: Industrial Strength Double Nylon Stitching