Klein Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers
Klein Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers Upgraded with Wire Stripper/Crimper
Side-cutting pliers have been known for generations as “Kleins”. This goes way back to 1857 when Matthias Klein first forged the tool that would carry his name, even when it’s made by another brand. Klein has taken their highly successful Klein Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers and upgraded them after realizing how many electricians are stripping wire with the knives of the tool. They’ve kept the crimper as well to make the tool even more versatile.
It all starts with Klein’s high-leverage design for greater cutting and gripping power. The cutting knives are induction hardened for long lasting life. It also offers a excellent gripping strength thanks to cross-hatched knurled jaws. The characteristic Klein hot-riveted joint guarantees smooth action and no handle wobble while the dual-material Journeyman handle offers better gripping and reduced snap shock.
“We know electricians often use their Klein’s to strip wire. So we incorporated stripping holes into the cutting jaw to make that task more efficient. That added function saves time on the jobsite and means fewer tools needed in the tool bag.”
– David Klein, associate director of product management at Klein Tools
Klein Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers with Wire Stripper and Crimper are capable of stripping 10 – 12 AWG solid wire and 12- 14 AWG stranded wire. The crimping feature is rated to handle non-insulated connectors, lugs, and terminals. Like most of Klein’s tools, this is Made in the USA using a custom blend of US steel.
Klein Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers with Wire Stripper and Crimper Key Features
- Strips 10-12 AWG solid and 12-14 AWG stranded wire
- Crimps non-insulated connectors, lugs and terminals
- High-leverage design
- Induction hardened cutting knives
- Cross-hatched knurled jaws
- Hot-riveted joint
- Dual-material Journeyman handles
- Made in the USA with custom US steel
- Model: J2139NECRN
- Stripping Capacity: 10 – 12 AWG solid, 12 – 14 AWG stranded wire
- Crimping Rating: Non-insulated connectors, lugs, and terminals
- Handle Type: Journeyman
- Jaw Length: 1-19/32” (40.5 mm)
- Jaw Thickness: 5/8” (16 mm)
- Jaw Width: 1-1/4” (32 mm)
- Knife Length: 0.5” (13 mm)
- Nose Type: New England
- Material: Steel
- Overall Length: 9.5” (241 mm)
- Expected Price: $50 – $55
Check out all Klein hand tools from our friends at Acme Tools!